Chapter Thirty Four

Chat Noir crouches at the Eiffel tower as silent as the air around him. No cheer in his demeanor, only thoughtful contemplation. (CN) It's still daylight. I doubt Reveal will show herself now. I have no idea where she could be...What is hawkmoth planning with a dangerous akuma like that.

"Hey Chat."

Chat Noir turns to find Ladybug approaching him from his right. He stands with the same unamused expression he's been holding since the last mission he had with her. "I see you've decided to join the patrols again. Not that it makes much of a difference on how I feel."

A slight frown crosses her face. "Look, I'm sorry for the way I've been acting for the last few weeks. I've been going through some things that took a while to process. I regret how this has affected our partnership. Would you forgive me? Chat Noir?"

"Did you know an akuma is still on the lose because of your little tantrum? There's no telling who is being hurt or what has been done since they were akumatized! If you were there, we could've stopped them the day they appeared! Now we don't know HOW far Hawkmoth has gotten in his evil plans!"

"I know! I know! It's my fault! But I'm here now and I'm ready to protect Paris."

"And what about Snowfall? Are you just gonna forget about her? Do you expect me to just forget about her?! She loved being a hero and I loved her. There's no reason she should've had her powers taken away, especially not because of Adr--"

"Don't! Okay? Just don't say it. I know." Ladybug sighs from the heavy guilt Chat is laying on her. "Chat Noir, look." She walks up to him but doesn't face him. "Snowfall didn't do anything wrong. I should have handled my feelings better. And I know how much she meant to you....I guess in a weird twisted way I didn't want to be around you two's happiness. But I'm going to ask her back. She was a valuable member of this team. And I honestly can't see us working without her." Ladybug's apology washed over the tension in the air melting away the icy distance that separated their heroic partnership.

A friendly smirk spread across the black cat's lips after listening to her reflection. "I remember how rough your break up with Adrien was and I'm sorry you had to go through that on your own for so long. It might not mean much coming from me but I do believe there is someone out there just for you."

For a second, the heroine loses her composure. Her eyes water as she swallows down her whimpers. Ladybug looks up at Chat with a small smile and nod. Chat pats his partner's shoulder in consolation, then faces the city. "You're a good friend Chat Noir." she states.

Chat gives her a gentlemanly bow. "Anything for m'lady..."

Ladybug giggles. ".....Well, I better pick up Snowfall...you know...before patrol begins."

The hero couldn't hold back his fanged grin from her announcement. "Yes! Please do!"

She zips off into the distance.

~~~

Tap Tap Tap!

(OR) Chat? Opal approaches the window expecting her masked lover. Instead Ladybug smiles sheepishly back at her.

"May I come in?" She crawls through after Opal opens the window. "Hey..."

"What is it." The air was cold between them.

"I came to offer you the snow leopard miraculous again.... And apologize for with-holding it from you. I shouldn't have used my authority to do that to you. I'm sorry...I really miss our friendship...."

Opal let the words soak in while she thought. (OR) This is a shock. I wasn't expecting her to say this after everything she did. But how could I accept the miraculous with Chat knowing who I am? I really don't want to say anything but...it wouldn't be right to keep this secret. Last thing I need is more drama.

"I'd love to be Snowfall again...but...I don't know if I can be..." Her anxiety catches in her throat. "Chat found out who I was...when he asked me for help one night. He showed up all beat up and bleeding at my window. He thought he was asking a stranger for help but it didn't take him long to figure out who I was after talking for a little while...."

Ladybug took that revelation in without a word leaving her mouth. (LB) He didn't tell me he knew Snowfall's identity yet he begged me to bring her back as if he never knew a thing. "How long has he known?"

".....it hasn't been that long. Around the time you and me weren't speaking I guess."

The heroine clenched her teeth in shame. (LB) That was when I went MIA on Chat Noir too. So he got beat up? Was that the incident he mentioned about the akuma getting away? Of all the times Hawkmoth wanted to randomly resurface, why when I'm going through my own shit?! But... if I decided to take privileges to the miraculous away based on this, I don't think we'd ever speak again. And it never would've happened if I didn't blackmail her...

".....You can't blame Chat Noir for recognizing you. It was an unfortunate coincidence. It's not like you went out of your way to reveal your secret identity. And it would have been wrong to turn him away while he was hurt....I guess considering everything that's happened...I don't think you should be the one the suffer from our actions. If you're willing, I would like you to continue to be Snowfall?"

She stares at LB dumbfounded by this request. She was fully expecting LB to take the miraculous away despite the situation being completely out of her control. Ladybug had not been acting sane for a few weeks now. An unfair, merciless judgement was something Opal still believes the red heroine could make but LB proved her wrong in this moment. "You mean...I get to remain a superhero?"

"Yes.... I know this is a lot. I'll give you time to think about it—" Ladybug lowers her head as she turns to leave.

"YES. No question about it." Opal looks Ladybug in the eye. Her stance resolute.

Ladybug sighs in relief. "You won't regret it! Welcome back! Let's start tonight." She beams at Opal who sends her a calming smile back in return. Ladybug hands her the wooden box with both hands clasping Opal's hand.

After putting it on, Kiska flies out wiping her little face. Stars sparkle in her eyes upon seeing Opal's smile. "Opal, honey!" The kwami zips about her master's form then ends her cheer with a hug against Opal's cheek.

"I missed you so much, honeyyyy."

"Awww! I missed you too, Kiska. You're so cute; as always!" Opal strokes the kwami's fuzzy ear.

"Well, thank you, honey. You remember the phrase?"

"Yes!" Opal smiled at her little friend. "Kiska, climb on!" Wind and colors surround Opal. Her body lifts into the air. White liquid-like mesh runs down her body covering her from neck to toe. Black specks appear down her back and shoulders. Her bushy tail swirled about covering her eyes to reveal a qrey mask. Opal places both hands atop her black hair then lifts them to show two fuzzy white ears with black tips. Her hairstyle changes into a curly blowout.

Her form silently returns back to the floor. "That never gets old for me." Snow smiles. She looks herself over in the mirror noticing a few changes in her appearance. "My suit is different..."

"Your suit adjusts to your inner self. You most likely changed since the last time you had the miraculous."

(SF) So I've changed...I wonder how?

The two head out into Paris.

****************A/N********************

I love that superhero pick, idk if I've used it before lol. The new suit shows a new version of Snowfall. I wonder myself how I'm gonna show the interaction between this Snowfall and Chat Noir.

Thanks for reading.