2.

Chapter 2
Time limit  

It'd now been a month or so since Y/n first transferred to the school, and to her surprise she was making friends no problem. Still on her lunch periods even if her friends from her other classes tried to convince her to go hangout with them she stayed with Denji. 

After all he was her first new friend at the school, how could she abandon him at lunch? It didn't come from a place of pity either, nor did she feel like she was in his debt. She genuinely enjoyed hanging out with him the best. 

Denji was funny, not the type of funny where the person is purposely making jokes but the naturally funny kind. But definitely not the I-don't-take-you-serious-at-all-you're-a-joke kind either. It was hard to explain really. 

Y/n was kind of jealous, she wished she could be so effortlessly funny like Denji. She wished she could also be the type of person who you just always want to be around. 

Since finding out how the boy struggles in his math class, on some lunch periods like today they'd find themselves in the library. They'd work through math problems together, Y/n helping Denji understand the confusing concepts they were learning in class. 

Though most of the time the blonde teen would just space out staring at her glossed lips, or he was too distracted by the cool piercings on her ears. 

"Denji? You even listening man?" Y/n frowned, subconsciously raising a hand to her ear because she knew that's where Denji was staring. "I swear you think they're ugly or something." She mumbled under her breath, but her comment reached Denji's sharp ears. 

"No they're just so cool..." The words lazily fell from his lips, boredom lacing his tone. Y/n sighed, shutting the math notebook. 

"Your attention span is shittier than usual." Grabbing the juice boxes from her bag she slid one over to Denji. "You okay?" She questioned, stabbing the fruity drink with the straw before taking a sip. 

"I don't really wanna' do math right now.." Denji was beat. It'd been a long hard week and being chainsaw man wasn't easy. He'd lost so much blood in his recent clashes, and he hasn't been able to replace what was lost. "Tired.." 

"That sucks, I had a friend coming to meet us in the library to study with us." She announced, shrugging her shoulders. 

"Uh huh.." The blonde was sounded uninterested but he did care, because he wondered if Y/n had invited one of the pretty girls she hung out with. 

Studying in the library with two pretty girls? That sounded nice. 

Folding his arms on the table he used them as a pillow, not touching the juice box Y/n packed just for him. 

For a couple moments the only sound that emitted from their table was the noise of Y/n greedily trying to get every last drop from her juice box. The sound irritating others who studied at the tables surrounding them.

It was childish, maybe Denji was already starting to rub off on the girl. 

"Ah, you're here-- come, come sit." Y/n urged the approaching figure to come sit at the table with the pair. 

Denji decided to surprise himself, wanting to hear the girly voice of whoever Y/n invited before lifting his head from the table to see their face. 

But as soon as he heard the voice his head instantly shot up, distress taking over his entire features. 

"Hey Y/n---" 

"YOU!!" 

Denji flew up from his chair so fast the seat fell backwards, now multiple students in the library were glaring at him-- some even obnoxiously telling him shush. He pointed an accusing finger at the boy who pulled the chair beside Y/n to sit down without a care in the world.