Chapter I

{The Arena}

~~~

"Is that all you got? Ha! I thought I was fighting the almighty champion" the crowd roared wildly. The man ran up to them waving his arms around as they cheered him on. He thought he was on for a win, but I hadn't even begun. There's more entertainment in letting them think they're going to win. Those who are regulars to these fights were already aware of my tactic which is why there isn't a doubt when they place their bets. However, the newbies see my appearance in comparison to my opponents and immediately place bets on them. That adds to my entertainment, because seeing their smiles faulter is most entertaining.

"Da fansi bo feck" I laughed, he looked at me in confusion. I spat the blood in my mouth on the ground, straightening my back I outstretched my hand in his direction. Silence. The once cocky opponents were now on the ground as I dragged him in my direction. He scratched at the flood in attempt of escape, but it wasn't long until he was cowering at my feet. "Why hello there"

"Your one of them" he accused, backing as far away as he could "You're a jedi scum" finding his feet he reached for his axe and swung it in my direction. Dodging his every attempt, I lunged at him: jumping against his chest and flipping backwards. He once again met the ground.

"I'm innocent to your accusation" my foot made contact with his chest; his eyes showed only hatred towards me. I mean being beaten to a girl must really hurt his ego. I leaned forward as I spoke "I am no jedi, I am an Athorian" axe in hand the man below me was knocked out by the handle. I rose to crowd's cheers, the gloomy looks on those who lost their bet was priceless. At least now I'd get something semi decent to eat as reward.

~~~~

I was presented with a slice of bread and some sort of tasteless meat, but it was filling enough. Being a champion brought some perks, they didn't want anything to reduce the chance of my success and so I was given a separate room with an actual bed and pillow. Besides the small box room being limited to movement, I got a good view of the rich city. I could see the ships coming and going. Sometimes I would find myself wishing I could be on one of them ships and flying away to a new world with a new beginning. Or that my father would find me and take me home. But I would always shake that idea from my head. My life now and forever is to fight and survive as long as I can.

"Cati de ven bleck de vano le buji more sai, la dadi tro mor du" (Father if you're watching over me, please send me some hope. Get me out of this hell). Tomorrow was the day the all the strongest opponents fight one another. We have to do this once at the end of every week, other days would just be regular fights. It's a tedious cycle, every day was the same as the next. Every night I would talk to the sky like someone was listening. Sometimes I'd pray, most times I would speak my mind. It gets quite lonely in these cells alone. The only other companion I have is Trenior or Tren, he was the first fight I had. He took it easy on me and taught me the ways of these events. Teaching me all the other opponents' weaknesses and strength, came in handy.

"Hey, Kid" I looked through the small, barred window of my door to my friend opposite to me "You was against Keen today, right? I hope you shattered his ego" Tren is an old Trandoshan warrior who ultimately was found in a wreckage and brought here 5 decades ago. He felt pity on me in our first fight, I was a shaking wreck. I spent most of my life only knowing peace, never war or fighting. My powers were only ever used for the good of the people, my fighting ability only grew from being here and from Tren teaching me during our fights. He is the closest thing I have to a friend and the only one keeping me from my insanity. If ever I get the chance to escape, I'm taking him with me.

"Took him by surprise, everyone always underestimates me" he agreed "Pissed off half the audience, you should have seen the look on their faces when they realised, they had lost the bet. Seen a few regulars who always seem to fall for the same charade, when will people ever learn - I'm just that good"

"Ha ha, this is why I like you kid. Small and mighty, the unexpected champion. Tomorrow I'm not going easy on you"

"And who says I'm going to go easy on you" I responded getting a roaring laugh from him, we both know I'd be able to kick his arse any day. but I wasn't going to - in here if you start to lose fights you start to lose value. If you can no longer fight, then well...then your sent to the beasts. Eaten alive isn't the way to go, so whenever I have to fight Tren I let him win, if I lose him, I'll be completely alone here.

~~~~

Darkness, the feeling of fear and loneliness, pain and - hope? Where in the hell am I. I opened my eyes to an eerily dark and foggy place. It felt like I was trapped in a box of nothing. Stuck in place, I couldn't speak, I couldn't move. All I could do was look forward at the empty space. Had I unfortunately died in my sleep, and this is what comes next. Was I alone for eternity?

It sure felt like an eternity before something moved within the shadows bringing with it a sense of ease. The power it provided was so strong and captivating, I felt a sense of longing for this energy to show itself to me. Whatever it was or whoever it was emerged from the darkness as a blur I couldn't make out its features. Bringing only colours - orange and blue light. I've never seen something so bright since I left my home, not even my own power shone as bright anymore. The effects of captivity. I wanted to reach out to this figure, only then I could move my limbs, stretching my arm out to the figure as they did the same to me...

However, as our hands touched was, I dragged away by an unknown force. Flailing my arms out I dug my nails into the ground with no affect to the strong pull on my legs that I thrashed against. It was no use; I was pulled into the abyss and the figure slowly disappeared...I was once again alone.

~~~