[2] show off.

kevin's game comes around and the lineups are released.

"BENCHED????" his heart shattered into many small pieces. "I CANT BE BENCHED PLEASE COACH."

kevin gets on his knees and starts pleading to his coach. the day his childhood crush comes to see him play was day he wasn't in the starting line up.

"when you get better plays i'll put you in. for now be quiet and wait until you're called up alvarez." his whole world shattered. what type of luck did he need for him to be starting? it would have to be all the luck he'd get in his life..

"MY ANKLE, SOMEONE MY ANKLE!!" oh. that type of luck.

everyone turns to alexis vega, screaming in pain. he was holding onto his ankle which seemed to have a horrible rash. it looked like hives suddenly started forming and the swelling was even worse. the medics examined his foot and there was nothing they could do.

the coach turns to kevin. "you lucky son of a bitch. i guess you're starting." he then snatched the benched vest from alvarez's hands and tosses it to vega.

kevin wanted to celebrate but it wasn't the right time. his teammate was currently shouting for help and what kevin needed to do was to be quiet.

as everything goes down last minute in the locker room, you check your phone. you saw how kevin wasn't starting in the game. you scoffed.

"what the hell. i was supposed to watch you play and you're benched??" you were about to go to the locker room yourself to talk to the coach. that was until you heard a familiar voice interrupt the conversation you were having by yourself.

"mind if i sit here?"

the one and only christian martinez. he was there and his presence already ruined your entire week.

"yes, i do mind. security get rid of him!" you shouted but they didn't seem to listen. the 6'3 man have them the most intimidating look, and had already paid them off.

"you don't get paid to do stand there, do something!!" you motioned your hands towards your ex. they just stared in guilt.

"welcome to mexico babe! a country in which anyone can be paid off." he plops down on the seat right next to you. he didn't fail to man spread his legs. his knees made contact with you and you immediately pulled away.

the mic from the stadium comes on. it echos and makes an irritating noise for a minute. the both of you immediately cover your ears.

"ladies and gentlemen we welcome our special celebrity guest.." kevin is overhearing it. he couldn't wait to hear your name.

"latin artist with over 1 billion streams a year, singer and song writer y/nnnnn l/nnnnn" the crowd goes wild and so does kevin.

"SHE CAME SHE ACTUALLY CAME TO SEE-"

"and 7 time boxer champion, christian martinezzzzzz!!!"

kevin immediately felt like passing out. in fact, he stumbled a bit and bumped into some of his teammates. it felt like the end of the world was near and it was coming for him. he looks over at the big screen and sees the both of you.

christian was casually waving his arms to the crowd while you seemed extremely and visibly annoyed. christian even tried pulling you into a hug and you quickly pushed him away. the crowd does quiet for a minute as they cameras barely cut off the two of you arguing.

"god christian what the fuck is your problem?!" you were wiping cologne or whatever was on you from his attempted hug.

"i cant give you a hug?? stop acting like you'll die if we breathe the same air."

"i will die actually. i came here to see ke- just leave my goodness." you sat back down and pouted. nothing seemed to be going right.

"to see who? that little boy you call a man?? the one who's benched on the game he's supposed to show off? please, when was i ever benched? babe i'm so much better already."

"shut the fuck up shut the fuck up SHUT THE FUCK UPPP!!" you were absolutely livid. the people around you guys just awkwardly stared. none of them seem to be recording but that was the least of your concerns.

while arguing you didn't seem to notice that the game had already started. your head quickly turns to the field as you heard the crowd going wild. kevin already had his foot on the ball and was near the goalie.

"WOOOOO VAMOS KEVINNN!!" you jumped out your seat and start going wild as well. christian tries to sit you back down but you smack his hands away.

"GOAAAAALLAZZOOOOOOO FROM KEVIN ALVAEEZZZZ!!!"

in a blink of an eye he already scored. you didn't even catch it but you were still celebrating. he runs towards you and stops when he spots you. he was only a few feet away. so close yet so far.

his smile showed every line the creases, every smile lines and every dimple. his mouth synced "you actually came." and his eyes sparkled. for him, his whole world slowed down and you were the only person on earth.

THE y/n l/n, the girl i've crushed on since i was a child, the one i've always talked about, SHES HERE TO SEE ME.

as his teammates jumped on him, congratulating him, he only stares at you. you gave him two thumbs up and he blushes profusely.

"i uh- she's, my um" he stuttered as he tried to explain to his teammates who he was staring at. the coach is yelling at them to get back in the game.

it was safe to say that the rest of the game was kevin being extremely flustered.