Chapter 3- Evalin

-------Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you have a happy holiday season! Just a reminder that these worlds were created by the wonderful Sarah J. Maas :) ----------

Evalin could hear voices speaking, but she couldn't decipher what they were saying.

Light was making its way into her eyes, but they were cemented shut. Where was she? What had happened?

Wake up, Evalin! She screamed at herself.

She pulled and pulled and pushed and pushed but she could not gain control of her own body. Wake up, wake up, wake up!

And she drifted off.

Evalin woke again. Wiggled her fingers. Her toes. Took a deep breath. Sat up.

She was in the biggest bed she had ever seen in her entire life, with silky, gray sheets and a fluffy, black comforter. There was a dresser on the wall across from the bed and a desk on the wall to her left. She could see a closed door which she assumed led to the bathing room and—

There, sitting in a chair to her right, was the most gorgeous male she had ever seen in her life. He had black hair that seemed to shine blue and sharp features: a pointed nose, high cheekbones, a chiseled jaw, pointed ears. He was fae. She scanned his body to find him wearing a tight, black shirt that showed obvious abs and biceps. Swaggering off of his hips were gray pants with a belt and a scabbard.

Evalin silently crept towards the edge of the bed, slipped her arm off the side, and wrapped her hand around the hilt of the male's knife.

She painstakingly slowly began to pull it out of its scabbard. Slowly, slowly.

Suddenly, a hand seized her petite wrist, not ungently.

"And just what do you think you are doing?" the man seemed to purr.

Evalin swallowed and dragged her gaze up to his eyes. Beautiful violet eyes met her own.

"Where the hell am I?"

"You're in Velaris, Princess." Evalin's eyes narrowed. How did he know she was a princess?

"Am I supposed to know where that is?" she questioned, yanking her arm from his grasp.

He quirked a brow. "You don't?"

Evalin sniffed and began to stand, only to find that a searing pain shot all across her front. She stumbled, but before her knees could hit the ground, she was in the male's arms. She blushed as she realized she was wearing just her underthings, her whole front plastered in bandages. The male noticed and smirked at her.

"Just sit down, Princess. Let me get someone to help you." he said as he sat her back on the bed.

"No! I need to get home." she pushed herself again, but fell, weak, and settled back onto the pillows with a glare.

"That was quite the slashing you took." the male noted.

"I'm fine." Evalin said stubbornly and averted her gaze from the beautiful male's.

"Stay here," the male said as he stood. "I'll be back with people who can help you in just a moment. My name's Nyx, by the way."

Evalin's eyes followed him as he walked from the room and shut the door with a gentle click behind him. Evalin waited until her fae ears could no longer hear his footsteps before she agonizingly pulled herself from the bed, and stood on shaking legs. Evalin ripped off the bandages, being left with just her bra and panties on.

She made her way across the room to the dresser and opened it. Nothing. She made her way to the desk. Nothing. She searched the whole room. Nothing, nothing, nothing. She heard multiple pairs of footsteps and hid behind the door, hoping to surprise her kidnappers.