Chapter 1

(THIS STORY IS SET AFTER DARKSTALKER HAS BEEN DEFEATED, AND WINTER HAS COME BACK TO JADE MOUNTAIN. EVERYTHING AT PANTALA/STUFF WITH THE OTHER CONTINENT HASNT HAPPENED.)

All dragons at Jade Mountain were sleeping, the faint glow of the moon and stars creeping in from the few windows and skylights spread out among the rooms and halls.
Winter, however, was not asleep. He couldn't sleep. Not after what had happened.

Darkstalker had been defeated, he was gone forever and nobody had to worry about him. That's what Winter had been trying to convince himself, although he couldn't stop himself from thinking about it all the time.
He recently began having nightmares, or rather a nightmare, night after night.

In the nightmare, Darkstalker was anything but defeated. The spell on him that turns him into an innocent, harmless dragonet wasn't in place, and Darkstalker was free to wreak havoc all throughout Pyrrhia. Darkstalker kills everyone, leaving one dragon alive and alone; Winter.

Winter sat down in a dim cave, moonlight filtering through a skylight and illuminating the cave with a mysterious glow. Despite being an Icewing, Winter couldn't help but feel a little cold, sitting all alone in the dark.
Winter's thoughts were spiraling through his mind, leaving Winter feeling overwhelmed, upset at the thought of losing anyone close to him. He was already banned from the Ice Kingdom, his own home, and he couldn't imagine how horrible it would be to lose anything more.

Winter was in so deep listening to his thoughts that he didn't notice the other dragon walking up behind him. They sat down beside Winter, their warm scales heating up the cave.

"Nightmares again?" Qibli asked, a sympathetic tone in his voice. Shifting away from Qibli, Winter nodded. He had told Qibli about his nightmares a few night ago, when he had awoken panicked and confused after a gory nightmare.
"Don't worry, your safe and so are we." Qibli assured him in a soft, comforting voice.

Winter felt tears forming in his eyes.
"I just.." Winter started with a breaking voice. "It's stupid."
Qibli looked into Winter's eyes, putting a wing over his cool scales. This time, Winter didn't move away from his warm touch.
"Your not stupid, and neither are your thoughts or feelings." Qibli smiled. Winter felt his face getting hotter, his heart pounding on his chest.
He had been feeling strange about Qibli lately, and he couldn't quite realise why. He always felt a strange type of excitement when Qibli was around. It was almost as if...
No. Winter thought to himself. You do not feel those.. types of feelings towards him.
But maybe...?
Winter stopped himself.

"Let's go back to our cave, we should get some rest." Winter told Qibli, wiping his eyes before getting up and brushing Qibli's wing off of him.
Qibli nodded and stood up, catching up to Winter who was already walking out of the cave.
"Winter, I wanna tell you.. something."

Winter looked around at Qibli, noticing that the Sandwing's face was going red. Was he... blushing? Could there be a chance that Qibli felt that way about him?
No, that couldn't be right. They were best friends, nothing else. Everyone knew that.

"What?" Winter hesitantly asked.

"I, uhm. I wanted to say that I'm i'm in.." Qibli stopped. "I'll tell you later, actually. It's not important."

Winter felt semi disappointed, he had been kind of hoping that Qibli would say.. something about how he felt.
But that's fine. I'm not... in love with him or anything. Winter thought to himself.

Arriving at their sleeping cave, they said goodnight to eachother and went into their own beds, resting until morning came,

600 words! I dunno, but I think that's pretty good >:3
Haha I don't know how to make good writing 🥲
Ill get part two done whenever I can, but does anyone have any ideas n what should happen? Im not great at writing stories lol.