Christmas Eve

WARNING: DEATH; BLOOD
“Come on in!” Caroline grinned immediately after opening the door and spotting Vixie and her family.
“Auntie Care!” the twins trilled and immediately wrapped themselves around Caroline’s legs with gleeful smiles.
“Thanks for the invite, Care,” Vixie whispered, hugging her best friend to her.
"It’s no problem, Vix,” Caroline shrugged, pulling back to give her friend a warm smile, “You’re family. Home Alone’s playing in the living room and Bekah’s making hot chocolate. You guys can go ahead and fix a plate. We started early."
“Care!” Rebekah called from the kitchen, “Invite them in!”
Caroline froze before giving me a sheepish smile and invited us in before continuing, “Lizzy and Josie were hungry so we began dishing out. Later we’re going to play a game. Then we’re going around the square to look at the Christmas Lights. Oh! But before we do that, we each get to open a present early!"
“That sounds great, Care,” Vixie grinned, “Why don’t you take my two little monsters and these four idiots into the living room so we don’t take an hour in the kitchen.”
“Hurry up, bestie,” Care laughed before dragging the Mikaelon brothers and the twins into the living room, chatting to Niklaus the entire way.
“Hi, Rebekah,” Vixie grinned at her sister-in-law as she entered the kitchen, “How much of this did Damon and Stefan make?” Vixie teasingly gestured to the feast laid out as she grabbed plates and began dishing out plates.
“I’m offended that you think I didn’t pull my weight!” Rebekah gasped, placing her hand over her heart with wide eyes. Vixie laughed, a soft sound that seemed to bounce. Rebekah gave a brighter smile and set seven drinks out for her family.
“Mhm,” Vixie teased, “Except I know that you and Caroline cannot cook.”
“Sage helped,” Rebekah shrugged and Vixie’s head tilted to the side, her brows scrunching together.
“Sage? Sage is here?” Vixie asked, a smirk curving the corner of her lips into a dangerous smirk. The look had a strange effect on Rebekah, igniting both fear and worry for the redhead her brother used to date. Of course, Rebekah had never been too fond of the redhead, and the last time Vixie had seen Sage, she’d nearly killed the woman. Waving her hand, Vixie levitated the plates and mugs into the living room with her following behind. A sharpness entered her gaze when she spotted Sage talking excitedly to Finn.
“Leave it be for now,” Caroline whispered, approaching the green-hair-tipped girl, “It’s innocent. She hasn’t done anything yet.”
“Yet,” Vixie conceded before her lips curled into a predatory smile, “But when she does, she’s mine.”
~~~Chrismas~~~
“It’s so pretty,” Hope whispered as she glanced around the park with wide eyes, clutching her new stuffed bear to her chest. Henrik nodded, his gloved hand holding tightly to his sister’s.
“It’s such a wonderful time of the year,” Sage commented from next to Finn, causing Vixie to roll her eyes on the other side of Finn.
“How have we never met you, Auntie Sage?” Hope asked and Vixie turned to Kol, mouthing ‘Auntie?’. Kol’s response was to shrug, just as mystified as his wife.
“C’mon, darling,” Kol grinned and tugged his wife to look at something different, “Remember our first Christmas together?”
“How could I forget?” Vixie laughed as Kol twirled her, “You and your brothers all wanted to do something different so I told you that you each got two hours on Christmas Eve to do whatever you wanted but Christmas was mine.”
“And it’s been yours every year since,” Kol smiled, kissing Vixie gently.
“Mommy! Mommy!” Hop and Henrik yelled, running towards them and causing Vixie and Kol to pull away from each other.
“Is it true?” Hope asked her mother, who tilted her head in confusion.
“Is what true, little wolf?” Vixie asked, squatting down so she could look into her children’s curious eyes.
“That in a-another world Sage an’ Papa woulda been just Auntie and Uncle. And so would Papi and Père. Is it true?”
“Who told you that?” Klaus asked approaching the group of four when he heard the question, “Sweetheart? Who told you that?”
“Auntie Sage,” Hope whispered, “Said that being with multiple men is unnatural.”
Vixie closed her eyes before standing up with her jaw locked, “Stay here, little ones.” Eyes glittering a dangerous red, Vixie approached the redhead that still stood with an uncomfortable-looking Finn, whose eyes were downcast as he shifted.
“What the hell is wrong with you?” Vixie snapped, causing Finn’s head to turn to look at his girlfriend in shock. Very few times had he seen her truly angry but this was one of those times.
“What?” Sage asked with a falsely sweet smile.
“Telling my daughter that? My son? They’re seven,” she snapped, “And the only world where Finn would be anything other than their Papa is in a world where I didn’t exist. But I do and utter anything like that to my children again and you’ll be missing a head.”
“Can’t take the truth?” Sage inquired as I was about to leave, “Those kids should only have two parents, not five. Finn and Kol and Klaus and Elijah should each have one wife, not sharing one. You deprive an entire family of their normality. They deserve better.”
“Like you, you mean,” Vixie asked with narrowed eyes.
“Like me. Like Davina. Like Hayley. Like Caroline,” Sage smirked, “Caroline would have been so much better for Klaus. Better for the world. She made him better. He wasn’t as bad as when he was with her.”
“She never felt for him like that,” Vixie told her, “Caroline never had romantic feelings for him and if you knew the first thing about either one of them, you would have known that. Nik doesn’t need to be better. He needs to be understood. And I do that. So what’s next.”
“How about Davina and Kol? In my opinion,” Sage paused, before nodding to Marcel, “His little adoptive daughter would have been so much better for Kol. I mean, she’s a witch-”
“So am I,” Vixie cut in, waving her hand and emitting red sparks from it.
“But she’s better. More powerful,” Sage commented, causing Vixie to roll her eyes, “And Hayley and Elijah were just perfect for each other.”
“This can’t be your entire point,” Vixie cut in, “You hate Nik. You barely tolerate Elijah. You don’t even know Kol. So it’s about Finn, isn’t it? Just like it was the last time.”
“Yeah, it is. I waited nine hundred years for him and I’m not going to let some little trollop ruin that,” she snapped and Vixie crossed her arms, leveling the redhead with a stare.
“I didn’t ruin anything. I escaped my life by coming to Mystic Falls, not ruined yours. It was just your unfortunate luck that I met my soulmate in Finn and his brothers,” Vixie corrected.
“You could have rejected him as I did to mine. So that Finn and I could be together,” Sage hissed, narrowing her dark eyes at the witch in front of her.
“You may be willing to sentence an innocent man to an eternity of pain, but I’m not. And that’s what Finn is, an innocent man,” Vixie hissed, “He is mine. Get that through your thick skull. I don’t give what’s mine up easily. Think about that.” Snarling, Sage leaped for Vixie, knocking her to the ground. Despite being one of the younger vampires in the group, Vixie easily knocked the vampire off her.
“Get the kids out of here,” Vixie ordered Caroline, Niklaus, and Kol, who all nodded at her. After they left, Vixie turned her gaze back to the woman in front of her.
“He’s mine,” Sage hissed and Vixie bared her fangs in anger, eyes scanning Sage.
“Mine,” was all Vixie could say as she gave herself over to her instincts. None of the supernaturals present made a move to step in, knowing they would risk angering either the volatile nine-hundred-year-old vampire or the powerful, enraged, vampire-witch hybrid. As if in an instant, both women lunged at each other. Strangely, it seemed that Sage was making wild blows while Vixie’s were tactical. In a moment, with Vixie’s hand in the redhead’s chest, it was over. Sage’s eyes faded as Vixie ripped the other woman’s heart out.
Vixie giggled as she dropped the heart onto the concrete sidewalk, “What a Merry Christmas indeed.”

I think this might be the only one I’m on time for

I think this might be the only one I’m on time for. I’ll have another one for tomorrow and I’ll begin my 2023 Holiday One-Shots on the First! Thank everyone for reading! It’s much appreciated! So Happy Holidays, everyone!