Confession

I slammed open the door to my mother's office. I shut it and locked it behind my quickly. "What's wrong?" She asked. I backed away from the door as she tried to knock it down. "Y/N. What happened?" Her voice was more demanding. "Cara Sharp," I said. A fencing sword cut through the door. "Cara! That is enough!" My mother shouted. "You always ruin the fun," she said plainly behind the door. Cara was a descendant of Dracula himself. However she has a short temper and takes fun in hurting people. "I'm sorry mum," I told her. "It's alright- did you just call me mum?" She asked a bit amused. "Damn it! Well, I was going to have to tell you somehow," I muttered. "I am Y/N. Y/N Weems. My birthday is October 25 2008. I'm 15 about to be 16 in twelve days, and you're my mother," I told her. "You are a sick person," she told me. "What?" I asked a bit hurt. "My daughter is dead. She died in a fire," she told me. "I swear! We have the same powers, same eyes, same hair color. How else do I prove it?" I asked. "Blood test," she laughed. "Fine," her face went pale. "Where do I get one?" I asked. "We have them here at the school..." she whispered. She took me to the nurses and they took our blood. "She is your daughter," they told us. She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "Do it again," she said. "What?" I asked. "Oh. Oh I see," I told her. She looked at me confused. "That's why I was sent to an orphanage. You don't want me. And now that I'm here, you don't want me either, now that you get a second chance," I said. "Y/N, it's not that it's-" she took a deep breath. "I watched my daughter die. The smoke got to her and she was carried out on a stretcher. I was in the hospital when it flatlined. I stayed with her hours after that and even buried her! Y/N. You can't be my daughter," she told me. It didn't make since. And then it did. We were switched. "Your daughter had brown hair. She was a werewolf with green eyes. Right?" I asked. Mother nodded. "We were switched then. You see, my mother would talk about how I had green eyes and brown hair as a baby. But she also said I was a werewolf when clearly I'm a shapeshifter," I explained. It was all starting to make since. "No. No that's impossible," she muttered. She stared into my eyes. She smiled and hugged me. This was my mother. She was right here in front of me and she knew who I was. It was so complicated yet so simple at the same time. "Is there anything you need?" Asked the nurse. I shook my head. Tears streamed down my face. "I-I thought you were dead..." she whispered. She smiled and hugged me again. "I promise I won't die by the end of the semester!" I joked. "I promise that as well," she smiled at me and out a strand of hair behind my face. "Enlighten me. How'd you know I was your mother?" She asked. I explained to her how my parents told me and the similarities between us. She nodded her head and smiled through the whole thing. "Who's my father?" I asked. "Never mind that," she said. "No. Who is he?" I asked. "Do you know Gomez Addams?" She asked. "He's my father?!" I shouted. "No-no. Oh god no. He had a brother. Not Fester or Pancho. Another one. His name was William. He was the only normal person in that family. Yet he was a powerful wizard. We fell in love. But, Corbin, a kid who had a crush on me, had other plans. Your father is currently dead. As well as Corbin," she whispered. Her voice broke and she started crying. "I-I'm sorry," I told her. "No, I'm sorry. You'll never meet your father," she whispered. "How about hot cocoa? I heard it's really good at The Weathervane?" I asked. "That would be lovely," she smiled through the tears.