Chapter 1 - By Pen and Voice

The two fiends pushed past each other to get to the table, cackling as they caused a ruckus. Hayakawa had finished preparing dinner and began to set out the bowls and utensils, the smell of hot, spicy curry swirled through the air. Denji stumbled into his spot, swatting Power as she did the same into hers. Hayakawa put a finger to his lips, an aired noise made through clenched teeth sent out to silence the two. "You two cannot be doing any of that here. I have neighbors below me, we live in a paper thin walled apartment and we're not even on the second floor, do realize that!" He seethed, sighing out as he trudged to the table with cups for the three of them, each filled with ice cold water.
Setting down each cup, he froze in place for a second as he tried to process a thought before he perked up. "Oh, I have been meaning to tell you all about this. I got some news this morning, through a call and a letter that I had received regarding the Public Safety Devil Hunter
agency." He informed. Denji raised an eyebrow, poking the spoon at his rice to scoop up a bite.
"What's it? Anything on that Gun Devil or new patro-" he questioned, before Power slammed her hands down on the table. "Is it new things I get to kill!? Is it humans or devils? I don't care what it is, I want to draw blood!" she hollered, excited words rushing out of her mouth. Hayakawa Aki shook his head. "No, it's nothing like that. It's related to Miss Makima, I will tell you about it after we eat. I had just wished to inform you two about that upcoming discussion." He explained.
No detectable expression of great emotion had been found on Aki, leaving no clue as to whether or not the news he had received was good, bad, boring, all of it at once, or nothing at all. Power and Denji sat silent as they ate with skeptic eyes, not knowing what to expect from the upcoming discussion.
Dinner was silent other than a few casual questions and comments before Aki decided it was time to give the news. He gathered the bowls and utensils, placing them in the sink and returning to the table with a few papers in his hands. Clearing his throat, he began to speak. "What I have received here is a notice letter, along with a call going over it and verifying that it had arrived at my address. Do not fret, for we still have contact with her and you all may visit or invite her to go out, but..." He stalled at his last few words, lightly tapping his fingers against the papers as he contemplated how he would word his next statement. "...Miss Makima will no longer be working with us at the agency." He finished, a low sigh following after.