Chapter 2 - Under New Management

Power didn't know what to think of the situation, but Denji looked and felt as though the blood drained out of his face. "S-She's gone?" He asked shakily. Aki nodded. "Who's going to be our leader now?" the blonde fiend questioned, eyebrows upturned. "Hope it's not another lousy human." Power commented, picking at her nails. Aki looked back at his papers, reading over a few lines. "So about that, we do in fact have a new boss. His name is Juno Gakusha. It's a very important name, do you know it?" He raised an eyebrow at Denji, who shook his head declining his knowledge of the individual. "Well, he is the grandson of Gakusha Suppliers' CEO, Isayuki Gakusha. He's very young, around a year older than you two, however-" Aki enlightened.
"So that's how it is! We are seen as kids yet some kid like us is being put in the position of our leader?" Power fumingly interrupted. "Let me finish," he commanded with piercing eyes, before continuing his informing, "while Juno is young, he is greatly intelligent and formal, and a prodigy like him can work in this position just fine. He could even be better than Makima." Denji's face scrunched with confusion. "How do we know that he is really that smart?" He questioned.
"Well, I was given Mister Gakusha's records in this letter showing his performances in school and tests, which measured his intelligence. It says that he has an IQ level of 157 and he excelled in his classes, so much so, that he skipped around three school years. You can see it for yourself." He explained, handing the papers over for Denji and Power to observe. Sure enough, the papers listed just what Aki had said. Denji stared at the papers in disbelief, looking back up at Aki, who shrugged at him. "Yes. I don't know what else I can tell you, and he's only seventeen too. Here, you can look at the rest of the papers too for anything else you want to know." He remarked, handing the rest of the papers contained in the letter over to him.
He read the one on Makima, looking over it repeatedly to comprehend what he was reading. It listed that she had lost her position due to inappropriate behavior and treatment towards employees. It didn't make sense to Denji, she has been great to him. What did she do exactly? What went wrong? Could he have prevented it?
Aki spoke, snapping him out of his internal predicament. "Oh, I had forgotten to mention, but Gakusha Suppliers is a company that supplies resources and materials for us. It's a family owned and run company." Power pushed the papers off the table. "When do we even meet this Junk guy anyways?" She asked. "The day after tomorrow. Be prepared to be on your best behavior when you get to the agency building and try to look professional. Juno may be more lenient and welcoming than Makima, but he has no tolerance for rowdy or destructive behavior." He answered.
The mention of the new boss supposedly being more laidback than Miss Makima soothed some of Denji's nerves, but the reality of his reason to keep working that job being out of the picture made him question himself.