¿PROLOGUE?

LIE - HALSEY

TW: Violence & gore

Welcome back...

NO POV

MEANWHILE... FROM NOCEUR

JUNE 2022

Forks, Washington

Harry headed towards the door, pushing both doors open aggressively after wiping away the tears of vexation and loss. Those might be the last real tears he'll have. His blood was boiling in his veins and that's when he knew he was about to lose himself any minute all over again.

He wants revenge.

He walked away from the one person he loved most. His Devlin but always will be his Papillon in a glass jar. She was breathless, pale and there was no sign of her being alive at all. Her heart isn't beating for him anymore.

Now a faceless woman stuck in Harry's dark imagination as if she's a fictional character trapped in a book.

But this girl is trapped in a birdcage.

Devlin Isabella Heart... aka Maxine Isabella Devlin. She's two different people in one body but still, the same girl Harry has always known. He had known her for a long time almost three years. But things became unexpected and dangerous Harry knew it was his problem and he couldn't fix it now until it was the right time to.

A part of Devlin's bright memories faded away into a blooming flower but all of it is reversed and will remain that way until her heart gets what it wants. It's not ever going to bloom for the butterfly to fly onto it and get what it needs. Her memories were so memorable that she'd never forget those beautiful memories until now until someone told her or until they came back on their own.

Before that, all the memories were trying to get back to her because of hope in her glowing red heart. Her vinyl record in her head stopped playing and it started to play... Again... But it's only in reverse.

Her heart decided to start beating for him again.

But will she love him again?

Will she try again, even if she said she'll love him until the last heartbeat?

She was alive but she died in such a scary place. She's been with him for a very long time as long as he can remember. His memories of her continued to fade after her death and now he couldn't even see her pretty eyes anymore when he walked away. He wanted to touch her and feel her all over again, but she was gone. He can't just bring her back to life 'cause that's now how life works. It's not a fairytale where a prince charming gives you a true love kiss to wake you.