Prologue

On an eerie Halloween late evening, when the weather was cold, wind was harsh a little family of 3 were laughing and enjoying among themselves in their little house in Godrics Hallow.

'All Right Now' by FREE was blaring from a small radio, the handsome young man with brown hair and glimmering hazel eyes was dancing with a fiery red haired woman with gorgeous green eyes. A happy baby of little more than an year sat on his high chair, babbling happily, perhaps after seeing his parent so much in love. The man was constantly twirling the lady, both their faces depicting pure joy even at such grim times.

'That's enough now James, its Harry's supper time, we wouldn't want to mess up his schedule" said Lily with an infectious smile. "What a bummer Lilyflower" replied James. He then goes to the baby at coos at him. "Look at you prongslette, handsome just like your dad".

The family of three had just finished their supper, when James realized that the safety wards of their house was being taken down. He grabbed his wand and told Lily to take their son and hide. "He is coming Lily, I will try to hold him until I can, the minute I die the anti apparations charms would be lifted of , apparate to The Black Manor and contact Dumbledore as soon as you can', said James pushing Lily who was holding Harry towards the stairs. Lily had tears running down her cheeks as kissed James and took Harry upstairs.

The main door was thrashed apart as Voldemort made his entry into their house, James took stance to duel The Dark Lord, his demeanor free of fear and hesitation , determination and bravery shining in his eyes. "James Potter..., the existing descendent of the Peverall line, an extraordinary auror, rich and a pureblood standing against me for your mudblood of a wife and half blood of a son? Don't you know that I can give you whatever you seek for? Are you so desperate to die that you have decided to stand against me, The Dark Lord?" hissed Voldemort. "Don't you dare insult my family Voldemort, I am not afraid of you and nor do I want to join you. I would much rather die a thousand times than be selfish to abandon my family." replied James. "If that is what you want for yourself then that is what you shall receive".

The minute Voldemort started the duel, James continued to defend, from evading the killing curse to sending them he did it for his family, suddenly he felt like he couldn't move - suddenly he saw someone in a hood come in from the door. '-"Ah come my dear friend come, I couldn't wait to make James meet the person who is the reason for my victory." James looks on with a confused frown at the person for he knew only two people could have possibly done it, yet his heart refused to even think that it must be either of them. Everyone one who knew James would also know that in battle between the brain and head, James Potter would do only what his heart said. The person soon moved back the hood to show the snake underneath.. and James felt like he died on the very spot. It was his Esme standing there with a cruel look on her face and hatred in her eyes, the very same Esme with whom he had made plans to woo his Lily , the very same Esme who had confessed her feelings for Padfoot first to him and moony, the very same Esme who he had planned to make the grandmother of his unborn child- he watched and heard Voldemort laugh with Esme and nod his gratitude. "Your work here is done, Esmeraude. Go back." Esme nodded with a sincere look and starts to go back, when suddenly she turns and makes eye contact with James and looks at him with so much hatred that at that moment he realized that the woman standing there was not their Esme, was not the Esmeraude Lupin they knew and loved the one that stood there was Esmeraude Montmorency...someone James didn't know and felt like could never exist- his heart was unwilling to believe, yet he felt he knew the truth. Voldemort gave a look of fake sympathy and said "I shall kill your son and that mudblood first and only after that , after you have heard the last yell of your wife shall I kill you James." James tried to move only to be hit with the cruciatus curse followed by a paralysis curse. Voldemort rushed upstairs and saw Lily Potter hiding Harry behind her frame armed stretched out to use herself as a shield for her son forgetting about her unborn child. Voldemort let out a cruel smirk and threw her aside after sending a cruciatus curse. Lily yells as suddenly Voldemort aims his want at Harry "Avada Kedavra" and a huge explosion happens.

Soon days after the wizarding world is happy to have gotten rid of Voldemort, all except Sirius Black who was mourning for his wife, drowning in the sorrows of her betrayal. The world unaware of the miracle Harry Potter did.... All mysteries and incidents covered up well by Albus Dumbledore, but we all know what is said about truth, Truth always comes out, if not now, then later".

28/05/23              

905 words

Comments with constructive criticism, love, suggestions and encouragements are most welcome.