☼ 𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 ☼

albus dumbledore stared up at his bedroom ceiling, the one that he had enchanted to look like a starry night sky, bored out of his mind.

he enchanted paper birds to fly around his room. birds made from the drafts of letters he decided weren't good enough to be sent to his friends. his friends that were travelling the world and doing all the things albus wishes he could be doing.

ariana was never his biggest fan, so every moment he tried to speak to her she would respond very curtly. she much more preferred to stay in her room, or the garden, or anywhere that he wasn't.

albus sighed and was about to transfigure the paper birds into something else when he spotted something from his bedroom window.

his neighbor, bathilda bagshot was approaching his house and alongside her was a golden haired boy that albus had never seen before. he looked young, around albus's age. and he walked with a charismatic yet slightly arrogant stride.

when the boy looked up, catching the spying albus, he grinned.
"néni, van odafent egy fiú." he said.

"tudom." bathilda replied.

albus blushed as soon as the boy made eye contact with him and he quickly shut his room window. 

they were making their way to his house and he wasn't ready so he hastily tried to make himself look presentable. he attacked his hair with a golden brush, for he had hair redder than cherry jam and thicker than a horse tail.

by the time he was done with his hair a knock was heard on the door. albus quickly scrambled down the stairs to get it, so they wouldn't know he had been so insecure about his appearance.

"good afternoon ms. bagshot." albus greeted politely, determinedly not looking at the blonde boy who he could tell was still grinning at him.

"hello albus," bathilda greeted, pinching the boy's cheek(though he really wished she wouldn't), "have i introduced you to my nephew before? this is gellert."

albus now had no choice but to face the boy.
he was rather pretty; his cheekbones are angled and freckled, his hair buttery and golden, his nose is dainty, and his eyes are the most beautiful thing albus has ever seen, one of them is a deep oceanic blue and the other is a light grey like wisps of smoke. his features are aristocratic and elegant, a beautiful that's intimidating- a pureblood albus thinks to himself.

"i don't believe we've met before," albus says politely, extending his hand for gellert to shake, "my name is albus dumbledore."

"gellert grindelwald."

- ☼-

the first thing gellert grindelwald did when he walked into albus dumbledore's room was point at the enchanted starry ceiling and say 'cute.'
he spoke in an english accent with a slight twang of another accent albus couldn't quite place. it seemed as though the boy were trying to hide it. 

albus blushed. "thanks..." he mumbled, although he had a feeling that gellert was just making fun of him.

one of the paper birds crashed into gellert and he picked it up curiously.

"a-ah there's nothing on that." albus lied. he didn't want gellert to read one of his draft letters to elphias.

gellert obviously didn't believe albus(after all, he was sweating bullets), but respected his privacy anyway and allowed the paper bird to fly once more.

everything in albus's room seemed to fascinate gellert. he observed a snow globe, turning it over in his hands, he observed a violin, plucking the strings, and he observed the titles of the books on albus's bookshelf.