𝟎𝟑 || 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

༻❁༺

༻❁༺

The sound of a singular gunshot made the teenager jolt. Holding her breath Nadia Grimes forced her sobbing to stay internal, yet a small whimper still found its way through the cracks in her lips.

The newborn still covered in vernix was gently crying out for comfort as Nadia struggled to do so. Holding the infant close, she did her best to fix the makeshift blanket for the baby, created using her younger brother's coat. The blood of their mother coated the two like wet paint, dripping off in large quantities onto the concrete floor of the prison.

Her emotions were completely mushed into obscurity as she watched her younger brother step out of the boiler room. Lori's blood was present on his hands and shirt from what he had helped his older sister do. Though Nadia could see a small splatter across his cheek he undoubtedly obtained from shooting her body moments ago.

She tried to call out for him but Carl Grimes had already walked straight past her. Keeping his head down his signature sheriff's hat covered his face as he wove his hand around his gun like a vine.

Seeing no other option Nadia followed the boy outside of the prison and into the courtyard. If she had the energy left the girl would've cried out in relief at the sight of a good portion of her group surviving the walker attack, but Nadia didn't even have the energy to frown.

"We're going back!" Rick commanded his group as the blood of the dead now stained his clothes. "Daryl and Glenn, you come with me..." his words suddenly fizzled away as the baby started to cry in her arms once more.

The small group all turned their attention towards the entrance of the prison as Carl pushed the gate open for the three. Their steps were small. Almost nonexistent at first. Neither of them wanted to face the others after what they had just endured yet there they were.

Some understood what had transpired immediately due to their attire and lack of another body, but their father shook his head in denial. Nadia could still feel the movement of Lori's blood going down her arms as she held the baby tight, trying to fight back the tears.

Rick dropped his large axe as he assessed the situation. Looking at his daughter, then to the baby, then to the blood coating the pair, then back to Nadia. Her brown couldn't look his blue as she struggled to stay composed, she wasn't one to cry in front of others.

Still a few stay noises came out as Rick started to slightly pace, "Where... where is she? Where is she?" The complete desperation in his throat was what finally made the stray rope holding herself together snap apart.

A gasp for breath came out first before the broken girl coughed out, "...dad," though her screaming inside the boiler room had done enough damage to make her words hoarse and almost unheard.

Rick shook his head and walked right past her. Nadia tried to stop him, doing her best to speak, "Dad... n-no. No!" Her fingers just ghosting over his arm, with drops of his wife's blood finding its way onto her father's skin.