The Great Empire Of The Dawn

Long ago...between the lands of the Jade Sea, the Shivering Sea, the Bone Mountains, and the Grey Waste were part of what was known as the 'Great Empire Of The Dawn' and was ruled by the God-On-Earth who was the son of the Maiden-Made-Of-Light and the Lion-Of-Night. He was said to have had a hundred wives and to have reigned for ten thousand years, before ascending into the stars to join his forebears. He was succeeded by his eldest son, the Pearl Emperor, who ruled for a thousand years. He was followed by the Jade Emperor, the Tourmaline Emperor, the Onyx Emperor, the Topaz Emperor, and the Opal Emperor, who all reigned for centuries. Each successive ruler had a shorter reign and faced rising problems, as mankind grew greedy and corrupt. The Opal Emperor was succeeded by his daughter, the Amethyst Empress. Her younger brother slew her and usurped the throne, and event which is remembered as the Blood Betrayal. He proclaimed himself the Bloodstone Emperor and began a reign of terror, practicing dark magical arts and necromancy. He cast down the true gods to worship a black stone which had fallen from the sky. According to the annals of the east, the Blood Betrayal is attributed as the cause of the Long Night, as it caused the Maiden-Made-of-Light to despair and turn her face away from mankind, while the Lion of Night sent the generation-long winter to punish mankind. In the chaos that followed, the Great Empire of the Dawn collapsed. 

Some in Yi Ti say that the spirit of the Bloodstone Emperor can only be destroyed by the one blessed by the Maiden-Made-Of-Light with eyes that remind people of the short lived and well-loved Amethyst Empress. Some in Valyria believed that those with purple eyes were blessed by the Maiden-Made-Of-Light so that one day, the chosen would be born and save all of humanity from the evil that the Bloodstone Emperor caused to walk on the earth. Some also believe that this could coincide with the famed prophecies of the 'Prince that was promised' and the 'Azor Ahai' of which a chosen champion would rise, a song of ice and fire would ring out and that chosen one would defeat the true darkness once and for all. But over the years, many claimed to be the "chosen one" of the prophecies but failed in everything...until...a young dragon prince found the prophecies and swore that it would be through his line that they would come true. Many still cling to these while others only think of them as fairy tales and nothing more...but could it be true or not?