[ 3 - ◇ Diluc x Reader ~ Christmas ]

"Merry Christmas!"

You escorted the maids and the others as they head outside of the manor, going back to their homes for the holidays per your demand. It started off as a request that they should spend the holidays by their homes with their own families, but they refused which made you to forcefully order them to do so, which they finally obliged to.

With the cold gusts of wind outside the Dawn Winery, you held the silk robe tighter, making sure you were able to cover yourself.

"Merry Christmas as well, Miss [Name]." The maids smiled at you before they left. Waving them goodbye, you felt a hand on your shoulder, taking you by surprise.

Adelinde, the head housemaid, was the last to leave, making sure everything was alright in the manor.

"Merry Christmas, Miss [Name]." She said as she pulled up her bags. "Take care now, alright?"

You smiled at the maid. "Yes, I will."

You waited until you could barely see them in the distance, and by that time it was just you left by the Dawn Winery. Turning your heel, you head back inside the manor.

Your boots dug into the sheets of snow, making marks of footprints as you made your way inside. You passed by the vineyard located by the front of the manor. Hands brushing through the leaves of the grape vines, it was obvious that they weren't for flowering during the cold seasons.

Everyone was surprised how it suddenly snowed in Mondstadt. In previous years, it would only blow breezes of cold wind. Because of the sudden snowy season, the Knights encouraged everyone to stay indoors to keep safe and keep themselves warm until the holiday season ended. And that was what you had intended to do.

The doors of the manor closed behind you, unclipping your coat and taking off your boots, you head back to the main bedroom. Your hands grip tightly on the rails of the stairs to the second floor, making sure that you wouldn't slip.

As soon as you entered the room, you closed the door and went to the bed. Lifting up the thick comforter that was laid onto the mattress, you lay on your shared bed. You adjusted the  thick blanket up to your shoulders to shelter you from the harsh cold.

You had the whole bed and blanket all to yourself, to warm you up during the season. You didn't mind the empty space beside you anymore...

After all...

Someone else was there to provide the warmth he needed.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

[A/N]

:)

This was actually written last year. :)))

Word count: 425 (Yea I'm not gonna comment on words counts much starting now LMAOO-)

Merry Christmas!!!