Chapter 34

(Tw! Warning)

(Tw! Warning)

As they reach the top of the staircase, they all gasp at the sight in front of them. Sunghoon's apparition is standing there, staring at them blankly.

"This way." The apparition runs off again.

Sunghoon runs after it without saying a word. Melody couldn't help but think back to what happened to Ari. She does her best to forget about this bad omen and tries to catch up with him.

But her anxiety peaks when Sunghoon turns a corner, and she could no longer see him. "Sunghoon, wait!", She turns a corner, and stops in her tracks.

Smoke gathers under their feet, crawling to pool right in front of Sunghoon.

Sunghoon is standing there amidst th smoke, staring at the apparition. The apparition is glaring back at him, and the sight gives her the shivers. Melody hurries to his side.

The little boy looks up at them, his long hair hiding a part of his face. Sunghoon clenches his fist, finding the strength to take the step. "I recognise this", He mutters.

"Sunghoon, wait!."

But he doesn't listen. Instead, he steps into the vision.

CRASH!

The scene opens with a violent sound of something breaking. The young Sunghoon stirs in bed and climbs out of his sheets. He rubs his eyes, as he makes his way down the stairs, and he hears it again.

CRASH!

What's happening?

The lights are on in the living room despite it being late at night.

"I can't take it anymore!"

"Get a hold of yourself!"

Are his parents fighting?

The little boy hides by the entrance, watching the scene unfold in front of him in terror. "Mom... Are you crying again?", He whispers only for him to hear.

"That red eye of his. It's no unnerving. I can't...I can't stand to look at him!."

Sunghoon's mother's voice makes Melody's blood boil. Why couldn't his mother accept his red eye which made him unique? Why?

"Darling, please. You need to rest. Please, calm down", His dad says, pleading. "Do you see how he looks at me?", Sunghoon's mother struggles to get away from his father's arms.

Melody couldn't believe what she was hearing. Sunghoon had mentioned this before. But she still couldn't believe how they treated him. He was only a kid!

The little boy lowers his head, and walks lifelessly back to his room.

The vision slowly fades, and Sunghoon walks back to them, looking forward like nothing happened. "I knew it", He manages a self-deprecating chuckle.