Movie Date

A/N: This takes place after NoI, and Aiden and Aru are not yet together because I think it just makes more sense that way yk🤷🧍

------------------------------------------------------

Aru Shah was just hanging out with the Potatoes in Brynne's penthouse, when Aiden Archarya did something incredibly unbelievable.

They were discussing what to do for their first week of summer break, because since they had so much homework in the past week, they thought they deserved a little break. Unfortunately (although it was kind of a blessing in disguise), Mini and Rudy couldn't come because "they had to go somewhere", whatever the hell that means, so it was just Aru, Aiden, the twins, and Brynne.

"We could go to a restaurant," Aiden suggested. Aru, knowing that they will have to give their share of money to pay for the food, refused.

"You know damn well I'm broke, Aiden," spat out Aru, and Aiden rolled his eyes.

"Besides," Brynne started, while doing Sheela's braids, "I'm sure the twin's parents wouldn't allow them to go anyway. Plus, I make better food than those guys," she added.

"Let's just watch a fashion show," said Nikita, brushing her hair.

"No," they said simultaneously.

"Ooh, let's go to a museum!" piped up Sheela.

"You've been to my house multiple times, Sheela." Sheela shrugged, causing Brynne to scold her for moving.

A few minutes of silence, Aiden tinkering with Shadowfax, Brynne telling Sheela to hand over her hair ties, and Nikita looking at herself in a small mirror.

Aru hated to admit it, but it was more fun with Mini and Rudy here.

"Okay, you're done," Brynne said suddenly, and Sheela touched her neatly braided hair, muttering a happy "Thank you".

"Why don't you braid my hair, Mama Brynne?" asked Aru in a teasing voice. Brynne threw Nikita's hairbrush at Aru.

"Hey, I want ice cream," Nikita said suddenly. Sheela nodded.

Brynne looked at Aru and Aiden exasperatedly, then nodded and got up. "Come on, I'll get you guys some."
Nikita and Sheela followed, Sheela looking back at Aru and Aiden with a knowing look.

A few moments of silence.

This was, Aru realized, the first time they were completely alone since they had that talk about their relationship back in February, which was three months ago. It made her a little sad and bothered that their last time alone together was when they decided they weren't ready for a relationship just yet and stayed friends for now.

Aru liked him, a lot, and she now knows he feels the same but she wonders just how long they would keep at this. . .act they've created.

At that same moment, Aiden cleared his throat and spoke. "So, um, are you free next saturday?"

What? thought Aru, her face burning.
"Yeah. . . why?"

Aiden's face turned red, and he seemed to forget what he was trying to say, his knuckles turned white holding onto Shadowfax, and he started to stutter.

"I-I was just wondering if you, um, maybe wanna, you know, go to the movies with me?" he asked, immediately turning his face away from her.

Aru's whole body burned. What? She can't even describe what she's feeling right now. Did Aiden Archarya just straight up ask her out?

When she didn't reply, Aiden rambled.
"I mean if that's totally cool with you, I'd understand if you don't want to, I just thought you'd like this movie since, um, I know you like thrillers so I just thought—"