𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉...

╔══════════●O✧O●══════════╗

                       𝖔 𝖍 ,    𝖜 𝖍 𝖔    𝖎 𝖘    𝖘 𝖍 𝖊 ?

                    𝖆    𝖒 𝖎 𝖘 𝖙 𝖞    𝖒 𝖊 𝖒 𝖔 𝖗 𝖞 . . .

╚══════════●O✧O●══════════╝

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

[𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕪𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗?]

[𝕦𝕞... 𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕟𝕥?]

[𝕙𝕞. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕪 𝕞𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕓𝕖 '𝕟𝕠𝕟-𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕟𝕥', 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕒𝕜 𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕤𝕖.]

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
ALBEDO RUBBED HIS EYES, SET HIS PENCIL ON THE DESK, AND SLOWLY CLOSED HIS NOTEPAD.
He wasn't able to sleep last night, no matter how hard the poor alchemist tried. Even though the staff pulsed with a calming light, and kept arranging gorgeous stars on his ceiling, he couldn't. His mind was awash with thoughts, memories, and predictions. He could neither figure how the Abyss Mage knew that specific symbol even after so many years, nor could he find out the location of the Divinity Dais or this 'Unnie' of Klee's. He also couldn't think of a reason about why the staff was being so motherly to him. It resembled her in a way...

Could this be her secret project? She had been working on it for quite some time, and she was one of the greatest and most exquisite carvers he'd ever known. Any kind of art- any at all- reminded Albedo of her fair skin, bright eyes, and shining hair. She was really very good at all kinds of arts... she was the one who taught Albedo how to sketch, him all kinds of stealth, and both of them the basics of fighting with many sorts of weapons. Later, she even agreed to duel with them, although they could never land a hit on her- even with the both of them against herself.

But, to be fair, she had taught many others- and won against them, too. The only ones who could at least score a tie in a friendly match were both probably under the effects of the curse- but maybe, just maybe they were out there somewhere like he was. He was modelled on them after all... The people had learnt something or the other from her, be it controlling Elemental energy, fighting, or healing- even the free, smooth movements of dance and the sleek, hypnotizing sound of melodies could be taught by her, if one was willing to learn.

She was the epitome of grace; a scholar in arts; a true Khaenri'ahn princess.
His princess...

He sighed. No point in thinking about her nearly 500 years later.

He was so engrossed, he didn't notice the shadow in one corner of his room. The shadow watched Albedo's slight red flush enviously. It was something this shadow could never have.
It spied him groaning and stretching, and heard his neck crack as he twisted it. As a 'Chalken' puppet, he had unusual stiffness. He could stand very still, and this helped him get precise measurements, drop by drop. Of course, the shadow could do that too... it was trained in stealth after all- by none less than the greatest patron of arts! The shadow shivered at the thought of her.