𝘤𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 ⤑ 𝘯. 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘧𝘧

Before You Begin (basically an author's note): This is one shot that takes place in the universe of my Freedom Fighter book

We go through the Christmases of Y/N's life since he was first awakened from stasis. It's tough for an out-of-time super soldier to integrate themselves into the new world, but he has people to help him with that...and that includes his coworker and agent, Natasha Romanoff.

Hope y'all enjoy and Happy Holidays!

• • •

2011

THERE WASN'T MUCH in the young man's apartment aside from basic essentials such as a bed, a small sofa, and a television. He still didn't have much money to purchase the extravagant thing...and he was still taken aback by how much prices have inflated.

He stayed at the S.H.I.E.L.D base for a bit after being recruited but ended up moving out to adjust to the new world himself. He still had occasional meetings with Clint and Fury, but mostly kept to himself.

So there he was, spending the 25th of December in his lonely apartment...watching programs on his television. One that kept his attention was the Christmas Day game with the Boston Celtics and New York Knicks. He can faintly recall the Knicks from back in the 60s, being one of the teams he rooted for alongside the Dodgers.

The game was entertaining and he liked the diversity in both teams competing. Not just a court full of white guys anymore. And why were players shooting so far from the basket behind that weird line?

There was a break and commercials started to play. Y/N chuckled at the sight of things he had yet to understand and could barely afford. He got up and went to his small kitchen to fix himself something to snack on.

Suddenly, there was a knock on his door. The twenty-three-year-old put down his empty bowl and went to go answer it.

On the other side was a familiar-looking woman. The redhead wore some casual clothing that suited the chilly weather at the moment. It surprised Y/N to see Natasha like that since he'd only seen her a few times since his recruitment and she'd always wear her uniform.

"Uh...Agent Romanoff." Y/N greeted her. "You're here. Why?"

With her usual stoic expression, she replied.

"Fury wanted me to check on you."

Y/N nodded. "Oh, okay. Well, I'm fine. Tell him thanks for caring, I guess."