06

- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ CHAPTER SIX ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌I HOPE THAT YOU'RE OK❛ address the letters to the holes in my butterfly wings ❜

- ̥۪͙۪˚ CHAPTER SIX ˚ ̥۪͙۪◌
I HOPE THAT YOU'RE OK
❛ address the letters
to the holes in my butterfly wings ❜

- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ CHAPTER SIX ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌I HOPE THAT YOU'RE OK❛ address the letters to the holes in my butterfly wings ❜

Dear Jace,
This might be the last letter I'll be sending you- or not. Why haven't you written back? I hope you're not in danger. I've... Missed your letters.

Sincerely,
Eudora

WHEN Eudora Stark was sent to King's Landing for another few months, she thought she would get used to it

WHEN Eudora Stark was sent to King's Landing for another few months, she thought she would get used to it. Used to Aemond's eyes following her every move, used to Aegon's bad business, used to the high tension that filled the castle. But she never did grow accustomed to it.

"Don't tell me you're rereading those letters," Helaena commented, brushing through her friend's hair. Eudora, now all grown up, only rolled her eyes at the princess. Years, it's been years, it could almost be a decade since she's been exchanging letters with a certain Velaryon. She has grown some liking towards him- which is absurd. Eudora wouldn't admit it the first time she saw him, and wouldn't admit it now. Why him? And why through letters? Eudora never understood how pieces of paper could grow some feelings, but it did. It made sense to a young girl, it made sense years ago. Now? It only confused her.

She wondered, however, how he was doing. How was Lucerys doing? How were Baela and Rhaena doing? If she was being brutally honest, she missed them all. The Stark wondered if she'd be able to see them again, how much have they changed since the last time they've seen each other? Do any of them remember her? She hoped they did, she thought about each of them every single night before she slept. Sometimes Eudora wished that her father and uncle would send her to Dragonstone instead, but there wasn't any point in dwelling in the past.

"Eudora- He was probably too busy to answer anyways."

"You act like I care about it these days," she laughed- and well, she lied.

Helaena only shook her head. The silver haired princess kept humming, combing through Eudora's hair until she abruptly paused. "Oh my God."

"What? What's wrong?"

"Weren't you supposed to meet with the council today?"

The Stark's eyes widened. "Shit."

-

"Eudora Xanthe Stark of Winterfell," Ser Westerling announced, and yet when the doors flung open no one stood in the hallway. The council who sat around the table grew quiet, then little murmurs grew in the room. The Green Queen sighed, a hand to her face in dismay. Years of coming and going from Winterfell, yet the girl ceases to arrive on time. Normally, no one would dare to talk if she arrived late, but that was when Viserys would sit at the head of the table. Now it was Alicent, there was no good king to stop them.

Quick footsteps were heard outside, everyone's heads turned to see Eudora rushing to the doors. "Forgive me, Your Grace," she mumbled, curtseying with her head down. Oh how she hated her days in King's Landing. Her only comfort came from visiting Helaena and her children, strolling the gardens, or the occasional sword fighting she'd get to do. She grew some distaste towards a few people, and a few she liked as well. The Stark never knew the reason why her father would send her back and forth— which now her cousin continued this routine, but she never began to question it till now.

Eudora stayed slumping on her seat, picking at the skin around her nails till it turned red. Boredom and anxiety continued to eat her alive, listening to everyone bickering around the table. She dared not to say a word, that was until—

"Princess Rhaenyra, along with her family, will be coming to King's Landing in a matter of few days—"

"Will Jacaerys be there?" She could feel all eyes point towards her. "Jacaerys— Rhaenyra's son?"

"Uhm, yes," Otto answered, sharing a glance with the Queen. "They will all be there." Eudora held in a smile, giving a mere nod to the Hand, she was going to see him again. She was going to see Jace.

((🫖))