Game Night

York grinned evilly as he snuck into the room that Wash and Maine shared, clutching an air horn in one hand and a water balloon in the other.

Everyone else had already gathered in the rec room, except for Wash. So now he had to pay the price.

York watched Wash sleeping peacefully, his back against the wall, soft snores escaping his mouth in little puffs, buried under his and Maine's blanket (Wash had a habit of taking people's sweaters or blankets. It's like having a girlfriend but without the benefits), looking so content that York almost felt bad for what he was about to do.

Almost.

York pressed the button for the air horn, and the high pitch wailing had Wash lunging out of bed. Unfortunately for him, he got tangled up in the blankets and went crashing toward the floor.

In Wash's moment of confusion York hurled the water balloon at Wash, nailing him in the head.

Wash yelped at the shock of the cold water and the sting of the balloon popping on his face.

He wiped the water off his face, sputtering, and he spotted York, grinning like an idiot.

"You're late to game night." Was the only explanation York gave him.

Wash grabbed one of Maine's shoes that he had left there and chucked it at York.

York danced out of the way, laughing, and yelled, "Don't be even later or South is coming in next time!" as he ran back to the rec room.

"GO FUCK YOURSELF, YORK!" Wash hollered after him, making York laugh harder.

York was still chuckling as he walked into the rec room, the rest of his team already gathered, milling about.

"What did you do to the rookie this time?" North sighed from the couch, having been a victim of York's antics.

York grinned and was about to answer but a wet Wash trudged into the room, a sour look on his face.

"Water balloon. Excellent choice." Connie grinned and York bowed.

Wash grumbled and plopped down next to Maine who was tapping away on his data pad shooting daggers at York.

"As much as I love picking on the rookie, can we start game night already?" South demanded. Wash frowned and crossed his arms, deciding to pout for the time being. Wash would say he's brooding but he's really pouting. Maine chuckled and ruffled Wash's hair, much to Wash's dismay.

"I still don't understand why you make us do this." Carolina narrowed her eyes at York.

But York was not deterred by her look. "Team bonding, Lina." He answered cheerfully as he pulled the giant box of board games and video games out from the cubby.

"Wait," Maine said roughly. "One more person."

York furrowed his brows. "What do you mean? Everyone's here."

Maine nodded at the door. "Waiting on-"

Whatever he was going to say was cut off by the door opening with a hiss and Niner standing at the door, her hair sleep-tousled, a fierce scowl on her face, pj's and... fuzzy pink bunny slippers?

"It is almost 1 O'clock in the goddamn morning and I get an emergency text from Maine, telling me to get here now. So what is the emergency?" Niner demanded.

There was a beat of silence.

Then... "Game Night?" York said, holding up a game of Twister.

Niner looked at the game for a good minute then glared at Maine. "I hate you." She hissed.