Nobody knows you the way i do

Boys dorm

"Riv, it is a big deal." Sky took the half-empty bottle of champagne out of his hand.

"It's just a party mate," Riven snatched it back.

"It's the alfea annual ball. This is one of the biggest events at alfea." Sky sat on the bed facing him.

"It's a masquerade party. I am not wearing a shitty mask on my face, Riven rolled his eyes.

"Why might it help with the looks?" Sky smirked.

"Piss off"

"What about Musa?" Sky raised an eyebrow at him.

"What about her?" Riven placed the empty bottle on his counter.

"You promised to take her," Sky reminded Riven of his earlier actions with his girlfriend.

"She's not going anymore; her headphones broke, and she doesn't think she can handle all those emotions at once." Riven shrugged, although he understood why Musa cancelled and didn't blame her.

"Well, that's fair, but come on, just me, and you go then, River looked to him immediately.

"So your not talking, Bloom? Riven fowled his arms and leaned back.

"Well yes, but I still want you to come. Sky stood up and headed to the mirror, adjusting his tie.

"It's not happening, mate."

"There is an open bar." Sky smiled towards him.

"You should have let that go," riven said as he stood up and went to his closet.

Girls dorm

"I know the headphones are broken, but we have been waiting for this for months," Terra begged at Musa's side.

"Can't you just absorb Rivers emotions like you normally  do?" Aisha asked as she washed her face in the bathroom, where all the girls were

"I don't absorb his emotions; I focus on his."

"Narrow the field." Musa quoted Farah.

"Yeah, can't you just do that?" Stella questioned as she curled her lashes.

"There are going to be hundreds of people there, making the field huge and making it extremely difficult to focus on Rivers emotions  only."Musa always had to dumb down her powers for the rest of the girls since she had a power you couldn't see. I'm mean, fire is simple; you know what it does and what it's capable of, but in the mind there is an unlimited opportunity.

"But it's a masquerade ball, so you could go see what Rivens looks like when he thinks it's not you." Flora had a devious smirk on her face.

"No, that is just asking for trouble." Aisha shook her head in disapproval.

"Yeah, what if he started flirting with people?" Terra sat down next to Flora and Musa.

"Riven wouldn't do that to me." Musa shot Terra a look that, if it could, would kill her.

"I mean, he had a reputation," Stella scoffed.

"He wouldn't do that," Musa mumbled.

"I don't think he would," Bloom called as she walked into the room with a big blue dress on that was tight fitting at the top and passed her hips.

"You barely know him," Terra scoffed.

"I'm going to go just to prove you wrong. I will flirt with him, and I guarantee he won't make a  move."Musa looked them all in the eye.