apART

I sprint to the art room the second I hear the first chime of the bell. I get there and sit right down in a corner before Mrs. Markens -the art teacher- realizes I'm there. I grab my sketchbook and start jotting down my plan for what I'm going to draw.

"Mr. Carens," Mrs. Markens started, "I didn't even realize you came in here," she chuckled. I just kept drawing flowers as my friends started pouring into the classroom like soup flowing into a bowl. My friends are in sixth grade and seventh grade. These friends are called Jamie, Oliver, Isla, Sadie, and Delilah. They started walking in and sitting down in their seats.

Five minutes later Delilah stands up, "I need to use the restroom," Delilah says in her elegant little voice, then walks out.

"Okay guys we might as well start now," Mrs. Markens announces.

"But we have to wait for Delilah!" Isla exclaims.

"Oh yes, we'll give her five more minutes before we start back up on decorating teacher cards." We all wait about what feels like an hour just sitting in dead silence waiting and waiting for Delilah to get back, but she doesn't.

"Well everyone I say we just start and when she comes back she comes back." Mrs. Markens states.

"Well I'm worried, I'm going to go see what's up." Isla states in a nervous tone. She walks out.

We all started to draw, sculpt, and paint. A lot of time goes by with no sign of life coming from out the door, It's three thirty when we all started and now it's ten to four.

"Am I the only one who's worried about the girls?" Sadie set down her pencil, walked out before anyone could stop her, and closed the door behind her. Another ten minutes go by and somebody stands up again, this time Oliver.

"It's been too long since they left, if they're playing a prank I'll be mad." He states, walking out again and towards the girl's bathroom. "Are you guys in there?" I hear him sorta shout. No response, then no movement.

After a long time, I'm starting to get worried myself as it's almost time to go home, it's almost six o'clock, our art club goes a bit late, but I like it, I find it calming.

"Ok, it's been too long, I'm getting anxious waiting for them, I feel like I'm going to explode!" Jamie states in his nervous tone, "Mrs. Markens, could you come with me so we can check all of the bathrooms?" He asks.

"Sure, I suppose it has been-" she checks her watch, "Oh my, it's been over an hour. Of course I'll go with you Jamie. Brody, are you going to be ok if I step out for a moment?" She asks me.

"I think I'll manage," I responded.

"Ok, we will be back in five minutes at max." She states. They then walk out.

Now I'm alone in the art room, sitting in my seat drawing a cute dog in a field, running to its home. I got so into it I didn't realize the time. It was now five after six.

"Oh god mom's probably getting nervous," I say out loud. But the thing is, nobody heard me.

I was alone.

They should've been back by now, all of them. Their backpacks, binders, and purses are just sitting there. Where were they? I slowly grab my things and head to the door leading into the hall. I open the door, and the hallway was silent, it was dark and eerie as well. I walk past the bathroom and hear no sound. I even went inside the boys bathroom to see if there was anyone in there. Nobody. But then suddenly I hear a sound coming from the outside of the bathroom and I sprint to see who... or what was making that sound.

I'm out of the bathroom now and staring down the long dimly lit hallway. I stare and stare, waiting for the thing to move. I'm frozen so I can't move. It's wearing all black with blue, and red eyes, and it's staring back at me. And then, it holds something up. Two things. The drawing I made of the dog, and the other is something more terrifying than you thought you would ever see in your life. Another drawing, with all my friends, and Mrs. Markens, the terrifying looks on all of their faces, some even crying. The thing drops the picture I made and points at me. I try to run but I'm stuck, the thing has trapped me.