Dinner in Boston

It was date night with Andy and I was so excited. I was going through the clothes I brought and realized I had no dresses to wear. I knew Andy wanted to go somewhere nice so I needed to find something. I took a deep breath and walked into Flora's room. I smiled when I opened the door and it smelled of her perfume. It was like she just walked out of the room. I sighed and almost left but it seemed like I felt Flora's hand on my shoulder.

"Get in my closet Josie, it's fine." She said and I smiled hearing her voice. I walked over to her closet and opened it, my eyes went directly to a black dresses with roses all over it. I smiled and grabbed it noticing it was my size. I grabbed up some heels and headed back to my room to get dressed.

I knew Andy and I were going into Boston but I didn't know what the rest of the night entailed, I hoped to know what it would entail and I was planning for it to happen. I needed to figure out a way to bring more clothes but I didn't want to make it obvious.

"Screw it, I will take the walk of shame in my dress tomorrow." I said out loud. As I was slipping on my shoes I heard a knock on the door and knew it was Andy. 6pm...right on time. I headed down the stairs and to the door. I opened the door and Andy looked at me and just sighed with a smile.

"Damn..." He breathed out and I smiled.

"You said that out loud Barber." I said and he smiled and blushed.

"I meant to." Andy said and stepped closer to me and gave me a small kiss. I then wiped the lip gloss off his lips and he smiled.

"You always wore that on dates and I hated you for it." Andy said and I laughed. I looked at Andy's suit and smiled.

"You look good. I always like you in a suit." I said and he smiled. I grabbed my clutch purse from the table as Andy took my hand and we headed out.

"So where are we going?" I asked Andy as he drove towards the highway. He took my hand and I smiled.

"Boston..." Andy said and I groaned.

"Where in Boston Andy?" I asked and he smiled.

"Surprise." Andy said and kissed my hand.

We drove and made small talk while we did. Once we arrived at the restaurant I looked and smiled.

"Ostra?! We always said we were going to come here!" I said and Andy nodded.

We had talked about this place as teenagers and said when we were adults and could afford it we would come here. Once we got out of the car Andy took my hand and we walked up to the hostess.

"Reservation for Barber." Andy said and she smiled with a nod. She grabbed 2 menus and started walking back. She led us to a small curtained off area and I looked at Andy and smiled. He pulled my chair out for me and I sat down. He leaned down and kissed my shoulder before he could walk to his seat. Once he sat down we grabbed the menus as Andy ordered us some drinks. Once we ordered our food I looked at Andy who reached his hand for me to take and I did.

"This is great Andy, thank you." I said and he smiled.

"I wanted to do something special for just us." Andy said and I smiled.

"Andy I wanted to ask a question and I don't know if its allowed." I said and he sighed.

"What?" Andy asked.

"Laurie...I know you said its amicable and everything but like us being together isn't going to bring out her jealous monster or anything and she will want you back...right?" I asked and he shook his head with a small laugh.

"No, she is with someone right now and she knows you and I are trying this out. We try to keep each other in the loop. She knew about you when we started dating and throughout our whole marriage she is happy we now have a chance." Andy said and I shook my head.

"You held a torch for me in your marriage?" I asked and Andy sighed but dropped his head.

"I tried not, honestly I did but you held a spot in my heart and never let go." Andy said and I smiled.

"Andy, I'm so sorry I didn't come with you to college." I said and he shook his head.

"We have talked about this. We were meant to be together now. Everything in our lives happened for a reason and it led us back to here." Andy said and I smiled. He pulled my hand to his lips and kissed my knuckles.

"I must admit though, the beard..." I said and Andy sighed.

"Lay it on me, I was waiting for this." Andy said and I laughed.

"I was just going to say I liked it, a lot. Makes you look grown up." I said.

"Wow...thanks." Andy said sarcastically and we laughed.

"I love your baby face without the beard but I think this is much better." I said and Andy smiled as our food was delivered.

"Well good." Andy said as we started eating and even though he didn't want to he let go of my hand. Once we finished dinner Andy got us a chocolate lava cake to split and he moved his chair over closer to me instead of being across the table. He put a piece of the cake on his fork and fed it to me and I moaned at the taste. Andy got a dark look in his eyes. Andy leaned in and licked the little bit of chocolate sauce off my bottom lip and I fluttered my eyes closed as he passionately kissed me. Once we broke apart I looked at Andy.

"I think we need to get out of here Andy. I don't know how much longer I can wait for that house tour..." I said in a low tone to him and he growled.

"Check please!" Andy yelled getting anyone's attention who was walking outside the curtain.