✼ ҉ 13 ҉ ✼

╔══ஓ๑°❈°๑ஓ══╗

Kaz slowly glanced over his shoulder at the sound of the rubble having stopped. A wall of concrete rocks stood where Alex had just moments prior. He studied Alex with a deep concern, his brows creased, still clutching her close. "You all right?"

Alex turned to him, the look on his face catching her off guard and hoped he couldn't see the rosy tint flushing to her cheeks. Although with how tightly he still held on to her, it was very likely. "I'm okay. Thank you."

The boy suddenly cleared his throat and carefully stepped away, giving her an awkward shoulder pat as his hands left her waist. "Awesome. Cool."

Alex nodded, trying not to let her gaze fall to the floor. "Cool."

"Super cool."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"Don't worry." Skylar said, stepping forward as they surveyed the wall trapping them from the others. "I'll blast us out."

Chase was quick to stop her, "No. It isn't stable. The only thing preventing this tunnel from collapsing is this pile. Blasting us out is a terrible idea... mission leader." He said the title snarkily, like he was mocking her and her idea.

"Well what do you suggest?"

Chase thought for a moment before answering, "I'll put my force field around us. That'll protect us if it collapses."

"And leave us trapped underneath an even bigger pile of rubble, not to mention crushing the rest of the team." Skylar remarked.

"Stop arguing and focus on what's important," Perry told the pair. She gestured to her chest. "Saving me."

"Don't worry," Skylar shook her head. She moved forward, reassuring her by saying, "we're all gonna get out of here."

Chase scoffed. "Give her false hope. That's a great solution."

Skylar whipped around, frowning. She narrowed her eyes at the sour look on Chase's face. "It's not hope. I trust our team, and I know they'll rescue us."

Chase took a look back at the mass of concrete separating them from the rest of the Elite Force. He rolled his eyes slightly and raised his arms. "How?"

"They're smart. They'll figure it out." She said.

Perry shook her head. "No, they aren't. No, they won't."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

"Can you guys hear me?" Kaz called through the piled rubble. He glimpsed back at the rest of his team, over his shoulder as he stood. "We have to get them outta there."

"How? The people that tell us how to do that are both in there." Oliver gestured to the rock wall separating them from the leadership of their two team leaders.

"We are an elite force. We can figure it out ourselves."

"Right," Kaz agreed. "We just have to think. What would Chase or Skylar do?"

"Well, I know one of them would be beautiful." Oliver said, having been half listening and suddenly finding himself smiling blissfully.

Bree turned to the boy. Her hands were on her hips as she sent him a vague look of disdain. "You know, I'm starting to wish that you were stuck in there, too."

Oliver shrugged, barely considering it before replying, "You know, with Skylar, I'll take it."

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼