𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 // 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒

- 𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐇, 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐇𝐀𝐌 -
𝟏𝟒 | 𝟎𝟔 | 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

i was reading my book when i got a call on my phone, it was jobe. "ciao, caro." i smiled picking up the phone. "hi, ida. what are you doing?" jobe smiled on the other line. "not much, just reading. and you?" i asked him back genuinely curious.

"oh i'm just laying in bed, bored." he replied, not saying anything else. i hummed in response and then there was silence for a bit. after a while jobe spoke up "you know, i really had fun with you on saturday".

"so did i, im really really glad i met you. thank you for helping me." i smiled, reminiscing about the hang out.  "i had fun with you, i'd really like to hang out again if you're down." he said stuttering on his words. "me too, i had fun with you guys and i would love to see all of you again."

"no uhhh... fuck." i heard him mumble. "i meant like, you know..." he trailed off. "just the two of us." he said nervously. "you want to hang out? just the two of us?" i asked with a smile. "yeah. only if you want to, of course." he said playing it off.

"i'd love to hang out, just the two of us." i said trying not to laugh. "okay, great! uhh are you free today?" you could hear how excited jobe was. "i am. do you want to come over in around... an hour? we could make lunch and then go out." i offered.

"sounds perfect, see you then." you could hear him smiling. "see you then." i smiled before i ended the call. i got up and spent ages looking for the perfect outfit. i ended up choosing a red dress with flowers and a brown cardigan. i put my hair up and did a little bit of make up.

i put on some quiet music started preparing the food. i washed the vegetables and put the pasta in the pot to boil when i heard the doorbell ring. i quickly ran to the door and took a quick breath before opening it.

"ciao, jobe." i said as i smiled and opened the door. "hi, ida." he smiled coming inside. i gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek which he returned. "come inside, im still trying to decide what type of pasta to make." i said walking back to the kitchen, waiting for him to follow me.

"what are the options?" jobe asked walking into the kitchen and standing next to me. "uhhh cacio e pepe, pasta carbonara or lemon ricotta pasta." i named them looking up at him. "i'm too lazy to cook any meat today but if you want i can also add that." i laughed thinking over my options.

"no worries, you're good. cacio e pepe sounds nice." he laughed at my offer. "yeah?" i asked him. "yeah." he smirked back at me. there was silence. "perfect because that's the easiest option." i laughed looking back at all the food.

as the pasta was boiling we started cutting up the salad and dancing along to the music. he spun me around and we danced and swayed. i put on a italian song which jobe really enjoyed for some reason, he was dancing his heart out more than me.

we finished making the food and sat down to eat. we were just making small talk and laughing. "so, idalia, tell me about you. who are you." he asked looking right at me. "oh so we're getting philosophical?" i asked with a small laugh.

"maybe." he replied with the same small laugh. "wellll... i don't know." i sat looking at my food and thinking.

"i believe in the saying '𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒄𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆' yk?"