PROLOGUE; Serendipity

Serendipity; The faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought

Serendipity; The faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought. The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way

[Flashback; November 5 years ago]

- PJM -

Park Jimin- used to be just a simple, abused soul. He wasn't very loved by the people around him. He was born into a rich family of abusers and being an only child didn't help his suffering. It wasn't any better at school. Always being considered a weird loner with no friends didn't help his mental state.

It was November, the days were getting colder, and rain was starting to come down more frequently. Such a pretty day, Jimin thought, walking slowly in the rain to his dreaded house. The only time he felt safe was when he was alone with his thoughts, daydreaming about a better life with better parents and many friends.

Walking into the front yard of his house he knew what was waiting for him, another beating. His father was standing on the porch, looking very angry. Shit, he thought, looking down at his watch, now aware that he was twenty-three minutes late from school.

''Park Jimin, get into this house immediately and don't even bother trying to explain yourself. This is the third time this week you've broken the rules and I'm sure you know what that means'' the angry tone of his fathers' voice broke his thoughts.

He did know what that meant, three strikes of breaking the rules equal a punishment that's three times harsher than the ''primary'' one. Entering the house, his father grabbed him by the neck and dragged him up the stairs to his parents' room, not even bothering to see if Jimin was hurting.

''On your knees immediately boy, don't play with me'' the angry man exclaimed, getting a belt and standing behind Jimin. Swishing the belt, he hit Jimin's back harshly. ''that's for getting an F on Monday''

Hearing the belt snap, Jimin prepared himself for another blow, knowing this one would be harder. Feeling another harsh smack on his back, there was no doubt it drew blood. ''this one is for talking back to your mother yesterday'' Immediately after, his father hit his back again. Not having enough time to mentally prepare himself for it Jimin let out a loud sob ''Awgh- '' and he knew if he wasn't before, he for sure is fucked now.

''Did I allow you to make any noises, huh?'' his father kicked him as he continued to speak ''This right here just earned you another strike boy. Don't play with me'' snatching Jimin's collar, his father lifted him up on the bed ''Hands out with your palms facing up'' his father ordered him to do.

Again, the poor boy complied, not having any choice. The torture continued for another 30 minutes. His lip got busted from too much slapping, his lungs were burning from the lack of air and his arms were hurting from his father burning the porcelain-colored skin with cigarettes.