baseball game 𖢉 brance

ship ~ brance (vance x bruce)

author ~ lyric

lowercase was intended

VANCE'S POV
i was on my way to the grab n go, to play pinball (obviously) and i walked past a baseball field. oh yeah! today's that kid finney's game. good luck to him, man needs it. i walked into the grab n go just to see the fucking pinball machine was out of order. are you fucking kidding me. "WHY THE FUCK IS THE MACHINE OUT OF ORDER?!" i yelled at the lady. "Vance calm down or i'm calling the police again." she said sternly. "yeah yeah, whatever."
i said, not wanting to be attacked by cops again.

well, i don't know what to do know.

i could go to that boy finney's baseball game? there's bats, balls, and boys. my three favorite b's. besides, there's a possibility that a kid could get hurt. who'd pass up the chance to watch a child get injured?

as i walked up on the bleachers i realized it was the end of the game since they were just announcing the score. that asian boy on the yellow team is kinda . . . no vance stop it. no feelings for anyone.

he looked over at me. oh god. is he making me nervous?! no, he can't be. when he looked, he smiled. oh it's precious that smile. god fucking damn it, stop it vance! you're better than this. oh welp, shit. i just made him miss the pitch. fuck man. he looked over at me again. well i have to acknowledge him or else he's gonna miss another pitch. i just smiled back at him. oh god, he missed again! it's the last pitch. if he doesn't get this one then his team loses. he didn't look over at me this time. oh thank you jesus! he hit the ball and made a home run! damn, could he get any more perfect?

as they we're all walking saying "good game" i decided to try and talk to the boy. so i waited right by the fence.

"hey man, i saw you playing. i just wanted to say, you're really good. that last pitch was awesome." i admitted to him

"thanks! oh, i'm bruce by the way." he put his hand out.

"i'm vance."

"yeah i know"

"oh." i laughed. he knows me!!

"uhm, do you have a pen or something?" he asked me

"i think so." i said as i handed him a pen from my pocket

"do you just carry around random stuff in your pockets." he asked me, laughing.

oh it's so wonderful, his laugh!

"pretty much."

"here." he grabbed my arm and started writing numbers.

he wrote his number?!

"call me." and he walked off.

oh my !

authors note
so, i will be making a part two and maybe other parts to this specific chapter, but if you have any recommendations for chapters or book for inspiration. anyways, love you!