Long Distance

Pidge x Reader
Part 1-3

Ps: this story uses the reader if they were a female. Pidge is also female. This story also has some language not suitable for readers under 13.

Pidge was off at college while you were at a community college. You were proud of Pidge for getting into a top school. It was also hard because you never got to see her. After all, she was always away. It has been almost 4 years since you have seen each other. The only time you guys could talk was facetime but the time difference made it hard.

You finally got home from school late at night and started to fall asleep. Your phone rings and you roll over to see who it is. You saw it was Pidge and answered as fast as you could. "Hi Pidge," you said. "Hey Y/N. How is college," Pidge asked. "It's going," you replied, yawning. "Did I wake you," Pidge asked? "No, I was falling asleep. I wasn't asleep yet," you reply. "Well sorry for waking. I just wanted to talk to you," Pidge said. "No it's okay I like talking to you," you add.

There was a pause and you broke the silence. "So how much longer are you there," you ask. "For another year and a half to finish my five years," Pidge said. "That is a long time," you groaned. "It is but we will see each other soon. It's not that long. We have already spent almost four years, what is another year and a half," Pidge added. "I guess you're right. I still miss you," you said. "I miss you too," Pidge said. You yawned again and Pidge said, "Y/N get some rest we can talk tomorrow." You were reluctant to get off the phone but Pidge convinced you. You instantly fell asleep as soon as you got off the phone. You were sleeping peacefully until you felt something smack you in the back of your head. You turn over and you see your brother Lance with a pillow.

"What do you want," you ask. "Mom wants you," Lance said, walking out of your room with his pillow. You slowly get up and head downstairs to the kitchen where you see your mom cooking. "Y/N I need you to go to the store for some things," your mom said. "Why couldn't you make Lance go," you ask annoyed a bit. "Lance has a date with his boyfriend," your mom responded. "Ya at least I have one to go out with," Lance said, poking his head into the kitchen. "Hey it's not my fault my girlfriend wanted to seek higher education," you retaliated.

"You could have just gone with her," Lance said. "I wish I could. But I didn't get into any college near there," you said, yelling and crying. You ran off to your room and fell on your bed while crying. "Lance Charles McClain, you should not have said that," your mother demanded. "I didn't even know she applied to colleges out there," Lance said sadly. There was a knock on the door. "Lance, you will fix your sister before going out on that date young man," your mom commanded as she walked back to cooking.

Lance walks over to the door and opens it. "Hey Keith," Lance said. "Hey you ready for that date," Keith said. "I can't just yet. I accidentally made my sister upset. Mother said I had to fix it before I could leave," Lance said. "What did you do to her," Keith said, pushing his way into your house and to your room. "Y/N are you okay," Keith said, opening your door. You look up with tears in your eyes.

He comes to you and hugs you. "I am okay, just a long-distance relationship is hard," you said. "Y/N I know but you will see her soon," Keith says. "Y/N I am sorry. I didn't know you applied to colleges so you can be with your girlfriend," Lance said. You smile at him and laugh at him. "It's okay I never told anyone. Mom didn't even know until she found my letters from the college," you said. Lance came over and hugged you as well as his boyfriend. You all had a big group hug. You started to laugh which made the other two laugh.

"Now you two get onto your date," you said, pushing them. "Oh ya I forgot we had a date," Keith said. "Ya so go," you said, pushing them downstairs and out the door. "Have fun you two, but not too much fun," you said, shutting the door. You looked sad after the door shut you knew you needed to be strong. You would see your girlfriend in a year in a half. "Y/N you okay," your mom said.

You walked into the kitchen to see your mother still cooking. "Yes, ma I am okay. What did you need from the store," you said. "Oh I have a list," your mom said getting it off the fridge. She hands it to you and you look at it. "Okay I will walk down to the store and get these things," you said. You put your shoes on and head out of the house and down the street to the store. As you were walking you saw some guys from your college. "Hey," one called out for you. You just ignored them, you didn't like them anyway. "Hey don't ignore us," another said.

You started to walk a bit faster but not so much that they noticed. The boys crossed the street and started to walk behind you. You walked faster to try to get away from them. They kept walking faster until one grabbed your shoulder to turn you. "Hey we were talking to you," one said. "Okay and I didn't want to talk to you so I didn't," you said. You turned around to leave but you were surrounded. "I have errands to run so please leave me alone," you said.

"Oh come on your pretty. A pretty girl like you should not be out here by yourself," another said. "I will be fine," you said, pushing through the group of boys and continuing to head for the store. At these moments you wish Pidge was there so they would leave you alone. You got all of the items from the store you walk out of the door and down the road. You saw the same boys and you just hoped they would leave you alone. Your dreams were surely crushed when one of the said "hey." You thought about ignoring them but it didn't end too well last time.

You looked at them and said, "yes." "Oh wow the pretty face can talk," another said. "What do you want," you said, almost snapping. "Whoa whoa come down no need for the hate," one said. "Look, I don't have time for you. I need to get these back home," you said with a glare. "Come on, just walk with us. You don't need to be by yourself," one said.

They started to touch you and you kept slapping their hands. When you heard a loud, "Hey." You turn around just in time to see Keith punch one of the boys in the face. "What the hell," one said, punching Keith back. They were fighting for a while before Keith ended the fight. "Don't mess with my sister-in-law," Keith snarled. The boys run off scared and you look at Keith. He had a bloody lip and nose. "You didn't have to do that," you said hugging Keith and Lance.

"As your brother-in-law, I will protect you," Keith said. "That does not mean go punch people," you added. "It is entitled to protect you in any way, so violence can be an answer," Keith added. "Let's just get you home and clean up," you said, helping him up. Lance drove you guys home. Lance grabbed the groceries while you brought Keith into the living room.

You went to get the first aid kit. "Oh, my Keith what happened," your mom said bending down in front of him. You come in from the side and start to clean the blood. "Keith got into a fight," you said. "Oh my why," your mom said sitting next to him. "Some guys were being jerks to Y/N so I punched one," Keith replied. "Fighting isn't the answer," your mom said. "I know but they were beginning to harass Y/N," Keith added. "I was fine, I can handle them, this isn't my first time," you said after finishing cleaning the blood.

"So this has happened before," Lance asked. "Yes, but they always leave me alone after a while," you reply, cleaning up the first aid kit. "Why haven't you said anything Mija (me-ha)," your mom asked. "It wasn't a big deal so I never thought of saying anything," you reply. "If they hurt you again I will come for them," Keith said. "And no you will not. I am not a kid, I am an adult and I can handle my issues," you said. "We know but family is supposed to stick together," Lance added. "I know I will be okay," you said smiling at your family. You all had one big group hug. This made you happy you even forgot you were sad about your girlfriend until your phone rang.