Chapter 14

"What do I do? What do I do!" Wooyoung panicked as he was uncertain if they were attacking them or just normal people wandering around suspiciously. The man at the door knocked and Wooyoung jumped. Should he open it? Should he not? He found himself scooting away from the door instead, holding his breath. The door knob started to move and Wooyoung had an inkling that these guys weren't vampires. For one, he could sense the blood pulsing in their heart and body. So that could only mean they were robbers or something. He laid low as the door opened slowly and he caught a glimpse of a makeshift lock pick in the other's hand.

Should he jump him? Or should he escape? What about that suspicious man going after San? The man walked right in without noticing Wooyoung who had stuck himself against the wall. He could totally bite him or knock him out but he hadn't done such a thing before so he didn't know if he should. What if he accidentally kill him? He didn't want to do that. So he opted to speed out instead. He made it out the door without being detected to find San pinning the other guy down.

"Wooyoung!" San gasped and looked up, relieved to find his friend outside the room and gunning towards him. He let the man who he had unintentionally knocked unconscious go to hold onto his friend.

"There's someone in the room!" Wooyoung squeaked before he looked at the male on the ground. "I didn't know you could knock someone out."

"I wasn't sure if a vampire was attacking me or not... I might have used too much power. What are they doing there?" San asked while heading towards the room but Wooyoung held him back.

"I think they're trying to rob us."

"What? But we have nothing worth stealing."

"I know. So we should just leave instead of getting into trouble with them," Wooyoung said worriedly.

"But we should at least get our clothes and your blood stash," San said and Wooyoung frowned.

"At least wait for him to come out first. Let's go hide somewhere," Wooyoung said, not wanting to confront the robber in fear that someone could potentially get hurt or the police getting involved. Plus it was like San said, they had nothing worth stealing. All the money was with San which the other guy had failed to take from him.

"Alright. Let's wait there." The two hid behind a pillar and peeked at the door. The man eventually came out and even locked the door before hurrying away. Wooyoung wondered if the one San knocked out was even his buddy or if there just happened to be many robbers around.

"He's gone. Should we go get our things now?"

San nodded and the two rushed in. They were stunned when they saw red all over.

"What the hell?" San hissed as he looked into the fridge. Every last one of the cartons had been pulled out. It looked like a murder had just happened and even smelt like one. "Did he think we were hiding things inside them?"

"San ah, San," Wooyoung gasped and San turned to him, flinching when he saw the red in his friend's pupils. Wooyoung covered his mouth and took a step back.

"Calm down, Woo. Take a step back. Walk out slowly," San said and lifted his hand as if he was trying to control him. Wooyoung took slow shallow breaths so he didn't smell the blood too intensely as he stepped back. "That's it. One step at a time."

San didn't know what to do if he was being honest. His friend looked like he was on the verge of biting someone's head off and he didn't know to stop it. They had just lost the most important thing in their possessions and San silently cursed himself for thinking that nothing could have gone this wrong. He picked up his luggage and held Wooyoung's arm, dragging his friend away from the mess in the room. Wooyoung held his throat and took deep breaths once they were far enough, feeling the itch to drink worsen. He could even sense San's pulse increase and gritted his teeth. This was bad. He thought he had it under control but being with San right now was almost akin to torture.