four | old habits die hard

─── ⧗ ───

                      "Enid is gonna be so pissed." Commented Vixen as she lay on her bed, glancing at Wednesday who was peeling off the colourful foil that covered the window.

Wednesday didn't reply so Vixen went back to reading her book; A full collection of Edgar Allan Poe. The redhead loved the unreliable narrator that Poe demonstrated in his poems, knowing she could relate. The mind conditioning which Drekov had put her through had left her wondering which part of her was really her.

"What the hell did you do to my room?" Exclaimed Enid as she burst through the door, startling Vixen. She fell off her bed, banging her head on the wooden bed frame. For an assassin she was extremely clumsy.

"Dividing our room equally." Responded Wednesday. "It looks like a rainbow vomited on your side."

"I... what about Vixen?"

Vixen shook her head rapidly, hoping that Enid would understand not to involve her in this building argument. She already had enough of Wednesday's sharp remarks for today.

"Silence would be appreciated." Wednesday said, walking to her desk where a type-writer sat. "This is my writing time."

"Your writing time?"

"I devote an hour a day to my novel. Perhaps if you did the same, your vlog might be coherent. I've read serial killer diaries with better punctuation."

"Oh, let me guess. That was your own diary?" Vixen asked mockingly, her accent coming through.

Wednesdays sharp glare turned to her. "As a 'prodigy' assassin, I don't think you are required to speak."

Vixen scoffed.

"I write in my voice." Spoke Enid. "It's my truth. It's what my followers love."

"Your followers are clearly imbeciles. They respond to your stories with insipid little pictures."

"Uh, you mean, emojis? It's how people express their feelings. I realize that's a foreign concept to you."

When I look at you and Vixen, the following emojis come to mind. Rope, shovel, hole. By the way, there are two D's in Addams and two F's in Romanoff. If you're going to gossip about me and Vixen, at least spell our names correctly."

Vixen raised an eyebrow, not understanding why Wednesday would go as far as defend her when the two had only met not that long ago and already despised each other.

Enid grabbed her phone and pressed play on a preppy pop song, the sound blasting from the speaker she had attached somewhere in her side of the room.

"Turn that off."
Warned Wednesday. "This is your final warning."

Vixen covered her ears. "My ears are about to explode." She got up from her bed, ready to tackle Enid if needed. She didn't care that she was supposed to be putting her assassin days over, you cannot just erase the entirety of your past.

"Rawr!" Enid growled, extending her claws when Vixen got too close. Wednesday walked up next to her. "Don't mess with me. This kitty's got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them."

The door opened and a redhead woman with glasses walked in, a bright smile on her face.

"Good evening, girls. Oh, sorry about the mud."

Enid clicked her claws away and the three girls turned to the woman with innocent expressions.

"I wanted to make sure that Wednesday and Vixen were settling in. Ah... Is this a bad time?" She asked, sending the tension in the room. "I'm Ms. Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived. I trust Enid has given you the old Nevermore welcome."