32 | library

roslyn ~bon iver & st. vincent

                      ⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 ✮ 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷

„And because you are a dream,i sleep alot"                                                                                            ~mahmoud darwish

i sleep alot"

                                                       ~mahmoud darwish

                      ⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷《 ✮ 》⊷⊶⊷⊷⊶⊷

The scent of old books filled my nostrils. I nodded as a sort of acknowledgement to the librarian Miss Pince.

She gave me a weak smile and continued to write something on her parchment. The broad daylight did not completely reach the room. Instead, it was the hanging lights above me that lit the massive room. The somewhat hall was filled with murmurs and whispers that floated above the heads of the students.

They were indistinct conversations between one friend and another, quite unable to comprehend the word silence, although, when you thought about it, nothing ever was silent in the room. There was the constant scratch of a quill on parchment and the constant flick of a book. And when the librarian is managing the library turned to shush those who broke the silence, she broke it herself.

The cold metal chair legs pressed against the bare skin of the students who couldn't quite keep still, and the fake wooden tables gleamed in the light of the room. And then the silence resumed, or what silence there was in the library, for everything and everyone was restless, almost suffocating in the atmosphere. It was dense, weighing down on everyone in the room, hunching their backs and containing their heads within their book or their work.

With a light sigh i started to work my way through the narrowed paths of the shelfs.

My fingers came to a hold at the cover of ,the holy formers'

I already knew that Tom was the descendant of Salazar Slytherin.

Now i had to find out more about the sinister blood that run through his veins. I took the book from the shelf and dusted it off.

I sat down at an empty table in the corner of the library. Looking through the window i could see snow falling from the sky. It looked absolutely mesmerizing.

I opened the book and skipped over to the last quarter of it. First came Godric than Helga and than followed Rowena. Salazar Slytherin finished off the book with a biography and some of his stories.

I flew over the text and stopped at ,the chamber of secrets'

I scrunched my eyebrows together and looked more closely at the text.

Slytherin supposedly created the chamber to house a monster. Many believe the monster is a Basilisk, as Slytherin was a Parselmouth. The chamber was created in hopes that an heir to Slytherin would attend the school, open the chamber and free the monster. The monster's purpose was to destroy all who Slytherin believed were un-worthy to study the magical arts, otherwise known as Muggleborns. Salazar was kicked out of Hogwarts by the other founders because he wanted to be more selective about his students. He went, leaving behind the chamber.