Child of mine

TW:Mentions of rape but never explicitly detailed

At a young age in greek,everyone is told of the story of a monster named Medusa. She was lovely, according to others,until she was raped in Athena's temple by Poseidon. Athena then punished her for this violation, by turning her into the monstrous, stony-glanced creature that we know. Only men may enter her temple as women are forbidden to enter it at any coast. The female children are warned that if they worship Athena and break her promise then they to will be exactly like Medusa. They kids make jokes of Medusa as they see her as a monster.

All expected one kid,Y/N L/N. They never made any jokes of Medusa as they learnt they should never be mean to their mother. Y/N was raised by Medusa being the only one who couldn't fall victim to their mothers power. Medusa was so happy to have someone to call hers that she kept them hidden. She would allow her child to go play with the others but all the kids who played with Y/N ended up blind or into stone. So she kept them inside and if Y/N had to go outside they would wear a blind for others protection. Medusa made sure the gods never found out about her secret child as she feared they would try to take them away and she would not bare that.

Children's footsteps could be heard throughout the temple Medusa resides in. "Mama! Mama!" Medusa looked up from her book to see her child running towards her with three flowers in their hand. Once Y/N was in front of their mother they handed the flower still panting from running. "Pr-pretty flower fo-for you mama!" "Aw thank you honey,wanna tell me which ones are which?" "M-mhm!" The child got in their mothers lap. "That one is a forget me not! That one is a butterscotch I think! And this one is a blue bell! They all looked pretty like you mama so I got them!" "Aw thank you my dearest" Medusa kissed Y/N's forehead gaining a giggle from the 6 year old.

"What mama reading?" "Mama is reading some poems,would you like for me to read them to you?" "Yes please mama!" "Okay honey" Medusa let her snakes hold the flowers as she picked up her book to read to the young child. Y/N snuggled into their mothers chest for extra comfort. "Let me die a young man's death. Not a clean and in between. And death shall have no dominion. Dead man naked they shall be one" Y/N yawned at the softness voice of their mother,it always made them soothed and calm bringing them to peace. "Sleepy little one?" "Nu uh! I still wake!" "Mhm sure" Medusa chuckled at her child's words. She's sure that if she reads one more poem then it'll make them fall asleep as nap time is around the corner.

"Death not be proud,though some have called thee mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not soe, a challenge to the dark. Shot in the eye. Shot in the brain" soft snores made Medusa look down to Y/N who was already like a light. Medusa smiled as she put the book down and carry Y/N to their bed. No matter how dark or gruesome the book was Y/N would always fall asleep to it as long as their mother Medusa would read it. "My sweet child of mine" Medusa then pecked Y/N's forehead before placing them in their bed. Medusa then went to check around the temple just in case someone walked in