Prologue

Footsteps echoed down the corridors, the sounds of advanced technologies becoming louder with each step. The individual passed through some corridors and turned in unknown directions, eventually arriving at their destination. After a while, the footsteps came to a halt as someone knocked on the door. There were faint noises in the room before a feminine voice chimed the person to come in.

The unidentified person walked into the unknown female's office and opened the door before shutting it again as they approached their boss's desk. A woman of legal age was dressed in a white button-up shirt underneath a black blazer. She wears a black pencil skirt, black tights, and matching black pointed stiletto pumps for her lower body. She was working while seated in her uncomfortable chair, with a straight back, and raised eyebrows whenever she noticed an error in her coworkers' suggestions. She pauses, sighs, and then reclines back in her chair. She then fixes her gaze on the visitor and realizes that it is one of her coworkers.

"Good day, miss (Last Name). You have a request from one of the legends."

"Is that so?" (Last Name) grumbles as she runs her hand through her (Hair Color)
hair, an annoyed expression plastered on her face. "Go on, Mrs. Reina."

Reina informed as she raised her hand, creating a tiny portal in front of her boss. "They found a strange stone located in City 5, Berryhill, near Almond's bakeshop. The legend, Amethyst, said 'You must keep it in good hands until they can find more information about it. This stone may be the cause of the disappearance of the citizens, so it is advised to not let people go near it.'" A rectangular dark blue necklace box was inside the portal.

She removes her handkerchief from her right pocket and holds the box with it while using it as protection and avoid it to stain from her fingers. She then positions the box on the room's corner table. "Thank you for delaying the announcement. You may take your leave." Her colleague nodded and left. 

An upbeat ringtone started playing, in her cotton plain white shoulder bag on the desk in the center of the room. (Last Name) ignored it and went back to her desk to finish her work, so the caller knows she was busy. But after several minutes, the ringtone never stopped. She cursed under her breath and took her phone out of her bag. She looked at the caller's ID and realized it was
Mina, her friend from the notorious UA school. She answered the call and hid her annoyance.

"Hello?" She greeted the caller as she pressed the speaker button, and set it down on her desk to continue her paperwork.

"(Nickname)! How are you?" An energetic voice was heard from the other side of the line.

"I'm doing fine. Thank you for asking." She rolled her eyes from the typical lie she would answer from someone who would like to know her condition.

"That's good to hear! Oh! By the way, My classmates and I were thinking that wouldn't it be fun to have a girls' sleepover with you?"

"... Just as long all of you are happy..." She was unsure of her response. I mean- she has a lot of work to do. Just looking at the number of papers on her desk makes her wish not to have become a Legend at such a young age. Additionally, she's like a damn pushover.

"COOL! THE NIGHT OUT STARTS AT 6:00! THE SLEEPOVER IS AT MY HOUSE! CYA!"

"Bye..." And (Name)'s friend hung up. Sometimes, she could be louder than usual. She looked at the time and realized it was 5:47 PM. She has to finish the job quickly to be able to attend the sleepover. She sighs, once again, and continued doing her work.

Little did the girl know, something was glowing inside the necklace box on the corner table. Just as she was about to finish, blue flames emitted from the corner of the room. 

Alerted by the sudden change in temperature and lighting, she turned towards the cause of it. The fire was coming from the jewelry box that she was supposed to take care of. 

Realizing that the fire was spreading quickly, she grabbed her valuables and went for the exit. Unfortunately, the door wouldn't budge. It seemed like it was planned... or she was just overthinking again. 

What should she do? A fire isn't a living creature so she can't control it. Break the door handle? No, there's nothing that could destroy it. Additionally, her strength isn't that great that could carry a whole piece of furniture. Should she jump out of a window? She can't. She's 110 meters above the ground. What if there's a hero that would catch her while she falls? That's too risky. Is this it? Will she die living like a robot? 

Before she could think more thoughts, she was engulfed by the hot yet beautiful flames.