~★~

Author's Note:
Hello, my fellow readers!

The art above is not mine, and I do not know who's either because I randomly picked it up from Pinterest (¯―¯٥)
But luckily there is a watermark there, so...credits to its owner ٩(●˙▽˙●)۶

I am new to writing, so there will be unintended mistakes. Therefore, pls correct and recommend words which are more suitable and bombastic.

I'll try my very best to make the character canon and enjoyable (pain) at the same time. Without further ado, let's go, shall we ('ㅂ' ) り?

----------------------------------------------

Traveller.

Just the mention of that title makes his face warm up. Amongst every mortal he have ever encountered, the traveller was the only one that could approach his stone-cold heart. From the fight against Osial to the discoveries in the Chasm, the traveller had shed some light on his interpretation of life, and for the first time, he founds out that life has been brighter than ever since he appeared and he truly appreciates that. Although his past will always keep up with him, he will always find comfort to go through somehow when the traveller's presence is available. Of course, he still won't let go of his duties as he still thinks that is the only way to repent himself, to ensure that his comrade's legacy still flows through time.

But, life is not always sunshine to its victims.

He did predict it. He did, in the past. But because of that newfound hope that ignites within him, he forgets that life has multiple possibilities, including his demise. Although the medicine that Rex Lapis has given him to soothe the pain or the song that the Anemo Archon once played for him to prevent his sanity to escape from himself, he still cannot avoid it, and he knows that. He tried to give up on living, but it seems like life wants him to suffer instead. And now, when he has finally taken a step upon the route of freedom, somehow his burden found a way to drag him down to hell. Straight to hell.

It was like another day, him patrolling around Dihua Marsh, trying to speed up as he got a letter from the traveller, wanting to visit him. His heart fluttered and his cheeks reddened, although it was unnoticeable, knowing the traveller still visits him during his free time, not jumping here and there doing commissions. He is a kind mortal, and he likes that in him, but sometimes his kindness would always be getting advantaged for, and truth to be told, he is worried.

It started as a mild headache, Xiao being Xiao, he dismisses it and continues his patrol. But then, the discomfort started to spread all over his body, drastically and quite suddenly, like how it emerged earlier. It finally made him stop in his tracks as a sudden wave of more excruciating pain swipes his whole body out, and forces him to drop to his knees, his left hand clutching his chest, while the other is used to support his body. He wheezes and gasps to calm his chaotic and frightened senses, and tries to figure out what and how it happened. Before he knew it, an ebony mist started to envelop him. Recognizing what is it, he decided that the main thing to do right now is to try to shift to a more secluded area, to prevent any creatures, especially humans, to get affected by his karmic burden. However, the moment he shifts, another wave of pain strikes him down, leaving him paralyzed on the ground.

'Damn it.'

Not only he was unable to move, but he was also pinned to the ground. It doesn't matter anymore. Right now, either staying here, waiting for monsters or demons to attack him or attempting to get up again. As if it's on cue, it strikes once again, but even worse, leaving him no air to breathe in. His chest contracts, as the karmic debt tries to swallow him whole, trapping him inside the ebony mist. His life flashes before his eyes, leaving him to review and reminisce his memories, from the moment he existed.