Chapter 6- The Sudden Interruption

Kyoko's POV-

I opened my eyes and started rubbing them with my fingers. I looked to my right and became shocked.

Kanzaki?!

My eyes widened when I realized what happened earlier. Kanzaki was asleep as well beside me. I looked at my wrist watch and it was 6 p.m. I stared at the sleeping Kanzaki for a moment.

He looks cute when he is sleeping.

Just as I thought Kanzaki opened his eyes. My heart seemed to skip a beat and my face turned red. I looked away quickly. He straightened his body and said- "I am sorry. I fall asleep too." He started rubbing the nape of his neck.

I smiled awkwardly and said- "No, no... It was me who fall asleep first. I'm sorry."

Right then we both started laughing openly. It was the time when we both seemed to be carefree.

I stood up and took my bag and said- "It's late. Everyone is gone and I have to go too."

He stood up as well and said- "Yes, we are late. I can drop you at your home on my bicycle. I am the fastest rider."

I smiled and nodded as he took his guitar and rushed towards the music club, opened the door, and entered. A few moments later, he came back and I followed him outside the main entrance of the school where his bicycle was parked.

As he fixed his position, I sat behind him. He looked back at me and said- "Hold me, tightly."

As I did what he said I started blushing. He said cheerfully- "Are you ready?!"

I laughed as an answer and swoosh! He started riding his cycle like a pro. The cold breeze blew my hair. I enjoyed the dark evening riding a bicycle with the person on whom I started having a crush.

In a very short time, we reached my house. I got down from his cycle and thanked him and without receiving any answer rushed to the door of my house and turned the knob. Before entering the house I looked back and took a quick look at Kanzaki, who was still waiting for me to enter first. I smiled at him and locked the door behind me.

YES! I HAD A GREAT EVENING!

I was in a cheerful mind and as I was about to cross grandfather's room, the door slid open. I looked at my grandfather who raised his eyebrows at me.

He said and crossed his arms- "Where were you, today?"

I smiled awkwardly and said- "I was studying at the library. I have an examination of Social Studies tomorrow. It's my midterm exam."

He rubbed his jaws with a satisfied but unconvinced look. I took my chance and said- "I have to study still. See you later, ojiisan!"

Before he could say a thing I rushed to my room and locked the door. I breathed faster and threw my bag on the bed and rubbed my forehead.

I don't feel good lying to ojiisan, but I didn't have a choice.

I took a refreshing shower, changed clothes into my pyjamas, and sat at my study table.

Thank God, I have Social Studies tomorrow. I don't have to take a lot of stress. I studies it well last night, just a revision.

I studied the subject the whole night. I wasn't a bad student. At my last surprise test, Kanzaki stood first and I stood second. Somehow in my studies, he was like an opponent I had to beat in my class and I had great pride. I studied very hard and didn't realize it was already 2 a.m. I wandered into the kitchen and found a plate of six rice balls with a note. I was sure it was placed and written by my grandfather. I took the note and put aside where it was written "Study Hard" and brought the plate to my room.