Two hearts, one home

Calum's presence was overwhelming, his big broad shoulders screaming for attention as he stood unbothered. Moving, Y/N avoided eye contact as she passed him. The party bus felt like an unwavering anxiety attack; unstable, care free and aggressive. Calum took her by surprise, reaching out to secure her waist as the bus turned an abrupt corner. She laughed back a squeal, grateful the wall of a man had done that, but uncertain if this meant they'd actually exchange words. 

'Hi' Calum smiled, taking her by surprise once again. Eleven years of knowing each other, now stood at twenty-two years of age, the first word he's ever uttered. 

'Hi Cal, thanks.' She blushed, stomach tightening as it dawned on her she was still engulfed in him. 

'You ok?' He asked, moving his head, eyes now level with hers. A chill dipped down her spine in anticipation; a first for everything.

'Yeah, thanks to you. Probably would've been about five seconds away from eating the floor,' she laughed, unsure why this felt so surreal, comfortable and.. there were no words to describe the feeling in her chest that began to stir. 

He didn't laugh,  not even a smile as he held onto her tighter, gazing across her features. With a quick breath, a tap on the arm, she continue. 'I better be off back to my seat. Catch up a bit later.' Her eyes continued to roam the space around them, noticing eyes of her ex, Liam, and his current girlfriend. 

Calum stared back at her ex, also noticing the looks they were receiving. Calum had known about the fall out, but hated the way they were with each other, even as young, dumb teenagers. So, instead of letting her go, he held her closer. His lips fell into her hair, 'Stay.' he whispered, everything in his being screaming at the thought of being this close with all these eyes on them.

She did. She let him guide her to the spare seat next to him and let him hold her there. This was new, unfamiliar and utterly confusing . This was the boy who couldn't ever do anything but stare at her as kids. She'd try to converse and his mouth would close and open. 

Calum stared at Y/N as she sat next to him, her hand tracing over his. He took in the way her Y/H/C fell over her shoulders, the way the white summer dress hugged her curves and kissed her thighs softly. He studied the way her shoulders relaxed the more he held her. All he'd ever wanted was to be the one who gave her this; to be the cause of her calmness. 

Y/N turned to him, her jaw tensing as she noticed his brown orbs already on her. She smiled, leaning into him, 'Were you just studying me?' her cheeks reddened, her eyes became lighter, her smile free. 

He laughed softly into her, 'Yeah. Obvious? Weird?' he quizzed, a smile on his lips. 

'Nah, did that to you a lot as kids. I get it,' she smiled, hand holding his. 'And, I'm just naturally irresistible.' He laughed at this comment, unable to hold it back any longer. 

His arms stretched around her frame, holding her to his chest as his laugh carelessly flew through her head. All these years.... It's unexplainable. 

553 words

AN

hi loves. merry Christmas. just a little shitty something

hope you're all healthy. sorry for disappearing <3 take care x