3- History

AFTER hours of driving, Atty. Sy had finally arrived at his hometown, San Lorenzo.

'It's been awhile..'

He took his time driving past the massive arch that marked the town's entrance; it looked somewhat ancient, just as he remembered from his early years. The words "Welcome to San Lorenzo" are still visible despite some rust. He wandered around his eyes, looking for the locations he had visited in the past.

He passed by the plaza where he used to play. The Mercado National Highschool where he finished elementary and highs chool.

'Everything has changed.'

Though it still hold things from the past, he can see how the town has changed ever since he left.

There were no kids now playing outside. No more trees along the roads.

'It's evolving for the future. '

Everything changes and it's a way to prepare for the future. That's why this hometown change. He then looked at himself in the rearview mirror, he did changed a lot too.

The young boy who loves to play in the mud now wears a corporate suit and is living a professional life for justice.

However, the past is important for the future. If there was no past, there will be no present to prepare for a future. No one has to forget the past, no one will.

Cause if you forget about the past, then you're living a cycle of mistakes. You'll be bound to do things just as it was before and development will be null.

Just like this town, everything might have changed but the memories and certain things from the past remains. It is part of the history why it has developed. Just as how his past to his, if what happened before didn't happen he might not become who he is.

'Her past is a crime,

My present is a fight,

Our future is justice,

That's our history.'

After few minutes of driving, he parked his car at the front of a wood, short fences of  a small, green house. It really looks old but still clean, just as how he remembers it to be. The gate is open so he decided to go to the main door.

He knocked three times before he hears footsteps towards the door and he stand straight. The door opened and an old, grumpy-looking man mumbling came out.

"I told you, I am not selling this property wait til I die!" said the old man not even taking a glance of the young man.

"I'm not here for that, Sir." Atty. Sy said calmly.

The old man finally looked up and the grumpy aura of the man vanished instantly as he smiled to the lawyer, " Ow, I'm sorry. Is that you, Philip?" The old man scanned the young man, from head to toe, "You look great. You changed."

"Only for the better, sir"The lawyer smiled as he reached for the old man's left hand and pressed it to his forehead.

The old man pulled Philip for a hug and he hugged back, "Welcome home. Son" he said, very glad.

"It feels good to be back." He said after the hug.