Chapter 8 My arm strength is lacking a lot

Lana looked at his smug face with her cheeks inflated and flipped her head to the side. Raph smiled helplessly. This was the first time he was dealing with angry Lana. All these years while growing up together, he had never seen her getting mad even while playing or doing pranks on each other. Well, at least not against him. So, her acting like this was completely new to him. He did not know how to coax her.

"Hey. Lannie. I'm sorry... Don't get mad, okay?" Raphael started with apology. After all he also invaded someone's privacy.

"It was wrong of me to look into your diary without your permission." Raph half-hugged her while they both looked at the scenery from glass wall.

"Well, I'll forgive you if you let me paint this." The brunette pointed at the gorgeous view.

"And I'll forgive you if you let me buy these." The redhead pointed at his portraits in the diary.

"Why do you wanna buy them?" Lana faced him and asked.

"Uh... I look good in these and I could boast to everyone that my best friend is such a great artist. I... If you don't wanna give, that's also fine. I'll look for something else you can do." Raph said sheepishly as he rubbed his hair.

"No. I meant, you don't need to buy these. You can take them. These are yours anyway." Lana shook her head and said, seeing he misunderstood her.

"Ah... Thanks, Lannie." The redhead smiled happily as he cut out his portraits from the diary and took out his project file from the bag and unstitched some transparent folders from it and preserving the drawings into them carefully. Lana smiled at his rushing figure.

"When are you gonna start painting? Do you want me to go? I'll go meet Carter if you want a quiet place." He said while arranging the drawings.

"Why would I want you to leave? When you are the one I am painting." Lana said while taking a seat on the couch.

"What?" Raph asked placing the folders packed with drawings into a different file one by one as he thought that he heard wrong.

"I said, I'm painting YOU. Naturally I don't want you to leave." Lana emphasized.

Raph's head spun violently to look up at her. His eyes were round in astonishment. The drawings just now were quite casual compared to the full-fledged model painting.

"Lannie... You have changed." Raph said pitifully.

"The Lana I know, wouldn't say this. You are not the sweet, innocent Lannie I knew."

Lana rolled her eyes. "I think you would look great, if you wear white shirt and khaki trousers. You can stand here like this and play with the curtain tie-back. You don't even have to smile. Just look somewhere or the floor very intensely, like this." Lana sprang into the live actions, explaining him about the position she wanted him in.

"Oh... You wanted to paint casual painting..." Raph murmured.

"Yeah. What did you think I wanted?" Lana asked back. Seeing his blushing face and eyes not daring to look at her, she understood something.

"What? I'm not a pervert. And I am not practicing human anatomy right now." She hissed as she threw a soft pillow lying on the couch at his face.

"Are you planning to invite me once you start practicing then?" Raph ducked and teased her.

Lana rushed to him and started smacking him with the pillow on the bed.

"Haha Ha. Ahh... Ah... Wait, wait, wait. Let me put this back." Raph chuckled and winced as a smack came down harder than others. He remembered his precious drawings and held Lana's upper arm to stop her from ruining them and went to put them back in his backpack.