i. Haunted

"Miko?"

A faceless body drops onto the floor, blood pooling around it quickly.

Silence.

"Miko? I'm sorry, I'm sorry... Please don't go! I didn't mean to!"

A dark aura forms on the body, covering it whole while approaching me as well.

Silence.

CRACK!

A huge, monstrous entity appear in my face. Its wide mouth dripped with long saliva strands, about to swallow me whole.

"Guh!" I rose from my bed, panting heavily from the nightmare as my alarm clock rang. It had been for the third time this week. "Y/n? Breakfast is ready!" my jujutsu sorcerer brother cooed. He usually always woke up first, taking care of me since that... incident. He had formed a good poker face over these past few years. I could tell he was still shaking in my presence. Suddenly it felt hard to breathe.

"Miko. Do that one more time and I will exorcise you." he glared at me. Or the curse behind me. Or my neck. Miko let go, letting me breathe again. "Are you sure you want to go to Tokyo Jujutsu High?"

"Yes, brother. I'm sure. I don't want this curse to go mad or wreak havoc on the world, like you said. What if I get kidnapped? By evil sorcerers and stuff like that?"

"Okay, okay. I get it. Just so you know, if I weren't here or protecting you, you'd probably be executed by the higher-ups now," he shivered after finishing his words. Yeah, the thought of death scares me as well.

"Stop mentioning that!"

------------------------ ・✽✽✽・------------------------

Ring!

"Did you hear? In elementary school, she killed her best friend after a fight!"

"What?! That's creepy! I hope I don't go to the same high school as her!"

"Seriously? Over a single fight? What an asshole."

I covered my ears, face digging into the surface of the table. It was my last day of school.

"Stop it." I heard myself say uncontrollably, "Shut up. Stop talking about me."

"Or what? You're gonna kill us too?"

Last day of school. My eyes stung, tears rolling down my face.

"Are you gonna go cry for your mother again?"

"She killed her friend? That's brutal! Why isn't she in jail yet?"

"Did you hear? Her parents are dead too!"

"Gonna pray for your brother to come save you, then?"

I snapped back a rattle of curses at him and threw the chair at his face, leaving the room in a rush. Forget a normal life. I'll just become a sorcerer.

Goodbye old friends, shitty school and shitty people.

Hello shitty curses, future missions and Satoru.

"Glum again, I see?" Akira turned to me, cleaning dishes like a housewife. I was yelling at my pillow and punching walls to no avail, venting out my frustrations to the wall and my brother. "I am so glad I am leaving that hellhole of a school. So do we train now, or...?"