What Are You Feeling?

It was night. After they had sex that morning, Hermione and Draco were so exhausted that they fell asleep right where they were.

Hermione woke up on top of Draco with her head on his bare chest. She glanced up at his pointed face, his eyes closed. His long eyelashes were fluttering as if he was dreaming, and she knew she could watch him like this all day. He opened his eyes slightly as he started to wake up, and after a minute he noticed her staring up at him. He was quiet and didn't know how to react to everything that had transpired that morning.

She never looked away, and without thinking about it, the words coming to her mouth involuntarily, she told him.

"I love you," she whispered. Her walls came crumbling down then, and it would take a lot to bring them up ever again. She was giving up the fight between her brain and her heart, not able to handle any more of this unnecessary pain that she and Draco were putting each other through. Those three words represented all of that and more.

Draco's expression was hard to read. He was ecstatic, perplexed, and afraid. She told him she loved him. They both loved each other. He was perplexed because of everything that happened between them. And he was afraid because he knew his parents would end up finding out, even if this thing with Hermione never went anywhere. He didn't care what his parents thought, but the reflex appeared to be ingrained in him. All he cared about was Hermione.

"I love you, too," he said. "But, I thought you hated me?" His face twisted in what was bafflement. He moved a hair from her face and put it behind her ear.

"I don't hate you, Draco," she replied, sitting up slightly to get a better look at him. "I've been hurt these past few days, yes. Angry, too." She put her hand on his left cheek and traced his sharp cheekbone.

"I know," he said, "you have every right to be upset. Especially with what happened at Hogwarts. I'll never forgive myself for any of that."

"I have hurt you, too, and that wasn't okay." Her brows creased.

"Hermione, I think it's safe to say we're even now," he laughed. "No more feeling guilty, especially you!" He pointed at her, sternly.

She rolled her eyes. "Okay, okay," she agreed, sitting up. "But, I do need to shower now." She stood up, butt naked. Draco stared at her with a grin spreading on his face.

"What?" She exclaimed. "Stop being a creep." She shoved him playfully.

He laughed. "What? We did just have sex, Granger."

"Oh, you're such a...a..." She stammered, turning red with frustration.

He got up from the couch and stood in front of her with a smirk on his face. "A what, Granger? What am I?" The smirk grew bigger and bigger as he saw how flustered he was making her.

"Oh, just get out of my way, ferret-head." She pushed past him on her way to the bathroom to shower.

"Hey!" He yelled to her, tossing his hands up. "That's below the belt!" He walked over to the bathroom where she had disappeared into. "Wait," Draco smirked again, while casually leaning against the door frame, "you're going to shower?"