Scene 2: Dinner and diatribes

LIGHT ON. Both characters are occupying cruddy, worn-down lawn chairs staring at the now-moved stove, a human limb or two sticking out. Having a cord that's attached to the stove and clearly leads back to a supposed outlet is optional, but preferred.

BUTTERS

He wanted a burial.

KENNY

Who, Stevie?

BUTTERS

(Giggling)

You mean Stephen?

KENNY

(Wordlessly shrugs)

BUTTERS

(Giggling harder)

You silly goose.

Kenny bursts out laughing, causing Butters to do the same. At some point, before they calm down, Kenny deliberately and noticeably pushes Butters back into his chair after he leans too close to the fire.

BUTTERS

...He wanted to be 6 feet deep so he could "feel the lord lift his soul away from the flames of hell licking his bones".

KENNY

Jesus. Normally, I aim 6 feet deep to make a girl screa-

BUTTERS

(Mapping out the imagery with his hands)

I wanted to bury him so we could put my mom right next to him, and then we could dig a little hole between the two dirt boxes, you know, so their skeletons could hold hands.

KENNY

...Oh, dude.

BUTTERS

Yeah, I know.

KENNY

Oh, no, fuck that, man. That's like...the most romantic thing I've ever heard, fuck...Leo, how the hell do you...

(Turning to Butters and lightly shaking his shoulders)

...How does...anybody talk to you and not fall head over heels?

BUTTERS

(Smiling brightly, giggling, and weakly punching Kenny's arm)

However you dodged that bullet!

Suddenly embarrassed, Kenny awkwardly chuckles before dropping the strained smile and leaning in, pulling Butters closer.

KENNY

...Do you want a better alibi, Butters?

BUTTERS

...You said South Park crimes don't need good alibis, Ken?

KENNY

(Speaking intensely and actively dodging Butters's attempts to correct him)

They don't need kids like us either, Buttercup. They don't need us, and we don't need them, and I snuck into your backyard with nothing but some good ol' McCormick charm to talk you into ditching this stupid town for good, with me and the guys tonight, and don't you dare ask me if Cartman's coming, 'cause I can't stand him, and you don't need him- No, fuck you, you do not, Leo!