Hopelessly Devoted

Word count: 4.3k

"Here she comes" mikes voice was light and teasing, making Eddie groan softly. He was annoyed, so very annoyed.

This girl, y/n is her name, had been bothering Eddie for the past two months. She popped up around every corner, showed up every place that Eddie was, or that's what it seemed like to him.

"Hey Eddie!" Her voice was bubbly as always and she had the biggest smile on her face.
"Hey" Eddie mumbled not making eye contact.
The rest of the boys watched the awkward interaction between the two.
"So I was wondering what you were doing tonight?" Y/n rocked back and forth on her heels with her hands clasped in front of her in hope.
"I'm actually busy tonight" he wasn't busy.. Eddie was never busy.
"Oh, okay. Maybe tomorrow if you're free we can do something" y/ns smile faltered for half a second before it appeared once again.
"Yeah" Eddie tapped the wood lunch table in anticipation, wanting her to leave.
"Okay I'll see you in English" she turned back around, letting her frown take over her face. Eddie let out a sigh of relief, he didn't realize he had been holding his breath.

"Oh! I almost forgot"
"Oh god" Eddie whispered rubbing his eyes with the palms of his hands.
"I made some cookies last night, and I brought you some, well I guess for all of you guys"
Y/n unzipped her backpack to pull out a small Tupperware of chocolate chip cookies.

"Thanks" Eddie took the cookies and placed them on the table.
"See ya" y/n waved and made her way back to her friend group.

"Hey don't eat them. She could have poisoned them" Eddie saw how Gareth immediately went to open the container.
"She's a sweet girl, she wouldn't have tried to poison you" gareth rolled his eyes taking a bite.
"Oh my god" he mumbled a few seconds later.
"What? have you been poisoned?" Dustin's eyes were wide.
"Um sure, you guys shouldn't have any of these" Gareths mouth was full, spitting crumbs onto his lap.

"Let me try them!" The boys fought over the cookies as Eddie tried to block out their noise.
"Holy shit these are so good" mike almost moaned.
"All yours. I'm not eating that shit"

Sure Eddie felt bad, he had been turning down this cute girl for two months now. Y/n just wasn't his type, what so ever actually.
She wore pink, skirts, and sparkly lipgloss. Y/n was always happy and had a smile on her face, she was so talkative in a bad way, she just didn't know how to shut up.

Eddie just wasn't interested in her, there's nothing wrong with that. Although he thought she would get the hint after several rejections, but the most he said no, the more she tried.

"Did you like my cookies" y/n tapped on Eddie's desk as she was passing by.
"Oh they were fine" eddie looked up to see that same obnoxious smile y/n had.
"Just fin- yeah thank you" y/n scrunched her eyes brows before sitting in the seat next to him.

She couldn't hide that frown as she dug through her bag for her notebook. All y/n wanted was for Eddie to like her. She tried so hard to get his attention, to try to spend time with him, anything. She even tried to be apart of his club, but she was really bad at dnd, she couldn't understand any of it, but she tried.

No matter what Eddie seemed to do, y/n kept trying. Something about his rugged dark looks just made y/n melt on the inside. She wanted to get to know him better, after all she has had a crush on him for a coupes of years, just now finding the courage to talk to him. Eddie had never noticed this walking ball of sunshine until she first spoke to him.

"Hey Eddie!" Y/n approached the brown haired boy just as he was shoving a sandwich into His mouth.
"Uh hi" he mumbled through his food.
"I'm actually having a get together with some friends from school later tonight, maybe you can stop by" y/n held out a scrap piece of paper for Eddie to take.
His pale hand reached out for the paper, scribbled with pink ink.
"Uhhh okay thanks" Eddie's brows were scrunched together as he looked over the paper.
"See you later!" And with that y/n had finally spoke to Eddie, finally having some courage to actually speak words to him.