Chapter Ten: Team Spirit

_____________________________

RAPUNZEL (P.O.V)

-"Okay lets try this again!" I shouted taking a gulp of water. I quickly tied my blonde hair up. Rubbing my tired eyes I got into formation. "1, 2, 3."

We clapped together, "D-R-A-G-O-N-S," we spelled loudly.

"What does that spell?!" I demand.

"RAPUNZEL!" A voice shouted.

I frowned looking towards the short black haired girl. Sighing as she waved her hand for me to come over. "Practice your cartwheels girls I'll be back," I tell the cheer squad.

Wiping the sweat from my forehead I went to the girl she looked at me her blue eyes that where weary. Crossing my arms I looked at her raising my eyebrow raised. I knew my face was annoyed the first football game was coming up and the squad had yet to get the cheers just right.

"What is it Mavis?" She rolled her eyes at my tone.

"Did you hear?" She suddenly asked.

I sighed, "I won't know until you tell me."

She leaned in as football players past us and spoke lowly so no one else heard. My eyes widened as she spoke, "Merida-"

-------
I stomped down the halls of school dragging Elsa with me. My feelings building inside me ready to exploded. I ignored Elsa as she tried to talk me in to calming down. I entered the girls locker room. My face must have been red and showed my anger because pretty much all the girls rushed out.

"You quit?!" I cried out as me and Elsa stood in front of the redhead who stood in the locker room getting her stuff from her locker.

She sighed, "Ay don't see the big deal," she shrugs.

"Big deal?!" Elsa huffed, "Your the quarter back, you can't just quit a week before the first game!"

Merida didn't turn to us she continued to stare at her football gear that she was getting ready to return. I wasn't sure what would make her quit. I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"Merida just tell us why your quitting," Elsa says.

Merida was silent, "Ay just don't feel up ta it this year," she said it like it wasn't a very big deal.

My blood boiled I was furious, "Don't feel like it, uh I don't fucking think so we've spent pretty much all summer helping you get ready for this year, the year you said you were gonna help get to the play offs! And you just QUIT! Because you don't feel like it!"

I wasn't one to just explode so easily but Merida had been looking forward to this football season all summer. An all the hard work and preparing the last couple months she was simply gonna throw it away like a rotten apple core without confronting her best friends. She turned facing me her face red with anger and a few tears.

"Listen 'ere ye dumbass blonde stay out of my damn business, my decisions are none of yer fucking concern so why don't ye go back to yer squad of wannabe barbies and throw around yer pompoms and build a stupid pyramid okay!" She yelled in my face.

I felt tears form in my eyes and I flinched with every word that came out her mouth. I stared at her my eyes widened. Elsa jumped between us, "HEY! Just calm down will figure this out together."

"What is there to figure out," I laughed dryly, "Its Meridas decision lets leave her to it because Bitches forbid that a friend trys to stop her from making a mistake."

Merida raised her head up high her red curls falling out her hair tie. Her lips were pressed in a thin line and her eyebrows frowned. I watched her hands clinch into fist and I had a feeling she was ready to punch something.