Chapter Two - Hogwarts Express

He told us the conversation that he had with Mr Weasley about Sirius Black. Sirius though they didn't know it, was my mothers cousin. He was the only other one in my family to be sorted into Gryffindor. He was disowned, that was until word got around our family that he was a supporter of you know who.

"Let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you?" Ron clarified

"Yeah." Harry agreed

"But they'll catch Black won't they? I mean everyones looking for him." Hermione added while I stayed quiet.

"Sure. Except no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before and he's a murderous raving lunatic." Ron spiralled into a dark place

"Oh your a barrel of laughs." I retort just then the train came to a sudden halt, making me rock back and forth for a moment. "Why have we stopped? We can't be there yet?" I wonder. Harry gets up and looks outside the cabin. Then there was a large jolt throwingHharry to sit back down and crash into me

"Sorry." I shook my head meaning it's fine.

"What's going on?" Ron exclaimed

"I don't know. maybe we've broken down or something." Harry suggested.

"Whatever you do, don't freak out, Ron. It's probably nothing." I snap my gaze towards him . We then plunged into darkness.

"Ouch Ron that's my foot." Hermione called then I felt my ankle being kicked

"Hey, no footsie." In the dimly lit Cabin I could see Ron's figure look out of the window

"I think someones coming on board." The train jolted again I reached out for Harry's hand we shared a look as the place got colder and the windows frosted. "Bloody hell what's happening." from the corridor broken bits of of black figure creeped forwards and slowly opened our door. Boney fingers crept around and pulled it full open. It was a Dementor. I peered inside and for some reason its gaze head landed in our direction.

Harry looked like he was having a fit. I held onto him protectively. Professor Lupin woke up and using his wand emitted a bright light sending the Dementor away. Harry passed out on my lap, his glasses falling off.

"Harry!" I shook him "Harry!" the lights eventually came back on and we started moving again

"Professor, is he going to be okay?" I asked the older man, who checked him over

"He'll be fine. I'm sure." Hermione let our cats out to check on them. They seemed unfazed by what had happened in the now crowded cabin.

"Harry!" I called again and he started to stir "Harry are you alright?" I question. His gaze flittered to me and recognition of where he was crossed his face. Hermione handed him his glasses as he sat up and slid them on.

"Here eat this. It'll help." the Professor handed him a piece of chocolate. "It's alright it's chocolate" Harry took the piece as Wednesday jumped up next to me and took her loved place in my lap. Harry stared up to where the dementor had been.

"What was that thing that came?" Harry wondered

"It was a dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now." Professor Lupin assured my friend "It was searching the train for Sirius Black. If you'll excuse me I need to have a word with the driver." The professor went to leave.

"Eat you'll feel better." he closed the door behind him as we all adjusted in our seats

"What happened to me?" Harry wondered

"Well, you sort of went ridged. We thought maybe you were having a fit or something clinging onto Vega for dear life before you passed out on her." Ron told him what had happened

"And did either of you...you know pass out?" he questioned

"No." Ron shook his head "I felt weird though, like I'd never be cheerful again." he added and I knew what he meant but it was over ridden by what was happening to Harry.

"But someone was screaming. A woman." he replied

"No one was screaming Harry" I answered

---------------------

Our return to Hogwarts started with the same thing, the first years were sorted into their houses, then the choir sang one of their songs for us, before Professor Dumbledore took to his stand to greet us with his welcome back speech and notices.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now I would like to say a few words before we all come too befuddled with our excellent feast. First I am pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defence against the dark arts teacher/ Good luck professor." we all clapped for him.

"Of course that how he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry." Hermione commented, it all became silent once more

"Potter! Potter!" My eyes flickered to my brother as Ron and Harry turned around "Is it true you fainted, like you actually fainted?" my brother taunted

"Shove off Malfoy." Ron bit back at him. Draco's eyes fell on my unapproved look and he quickly turned around

"How did he find out?" Harry huffed

"Ignore him." I shook my head then turned my attention back to listening to Professor Dumbledore.

"Our care of magical creatures teacher has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately I'm delighted to announce his place will be take by none other that our own Rubeus Hagrid." Dumbledore gestured back to him. I whistled and clapped as did the whole of our table/ Hagrid stood up. "Finally on a more disquieting note, at the request of the ministry of magic Hogwarts will, until further notice play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such a time Sirius Black can be captured.

The dementor will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day to day activities a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They'll not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is not in the nature of a dementors to be forgiving. But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light."