Hinata Wants To Play Too

Prompt: Video Game

Hinata Wants To Play Too

"You sure you're okay with this? You're gonna fall behind this week" Naruto teased, headed tilted back over the back of the couch, staring at his upside down girlfriend, "this high tier loot, 'ttebayo."

Bundled up in a snuggly, fuzzy lavender robe, Hinata smiled down at him. She reached out, soft hands caressing the stray blond strands sticking out around his head seat, kissing his mouth in that way that told him he'd done something she found adorable and deserving of smooches.

"It's alright," she told his lips, "I was in the last raid. Poor Kiba-kun really wanted to join this time."

He hummed, pecking her lips back.

It was that mutt's own fault, Naruto had told him about this game like two years ago, back when their group had all been new to it. Naruto had harassed all his friends to download it and join his guild and only one straggler had rebuffed him every time.

Kiba Inuzuka.

Now that flee bag was incredibly late to the game, and in consequence, was twenty-seven levels below their lowest guild member.

Hinata was forty-two times his level.

A badass necromancer, his high damage girlfriend was neck and neck with him and Sasuke for the second highest ranked player in their guild. They were all around the same level, all damage dealers in their respective classes; Naruto had chosen a dual-sword wielding fighter, Sasuke an assassin who's strongest attacks centered on targeting an enemy from behind. Extremely proficient with their chosen heroes, they'd spawned a fiercely competitive competition amongst them, causing the second place title to rotate between them every seven days and this week, Hinata was ahead of both males.

Sitting out one dungeon raid wasn't really going to put a dent in that competitive gap between the trio, but it would boot the pretty bluenette from her throne on their guild leaderboards.

He was surprised she wasn't pouting about it.

Sweetest woman you'd ever meet, honest to God kind hearted spirit that she was, Hinata also held a competitive streak six miles long. At the very least he expected her to be glued to the screen, watching his score like a hawk, mentally tallying how hard she'd have to work to climb back to the top.

Nothing.

She said she had something else wanted to do but hadn't specified what.

A loud ping hit the one speaker he'd left on his ear.

"They're ready," he muttered with one last kiss.

She straightened, traced his moist bottom lip and murmured, "good luck, Naruto-kun."

He took a moment to watch her fluffy robe bum strut away, then picked his head, straighted and turned his attention to the flat screen on the wall.

Adjusting his headset so both his ears could hear the action, he hit the guide button, flipped to his notifications and accepted the lobby invite. Chaos erupted in his ears, his friends all talking over each other, Sakura and Kiba yelling at each other, Ino cackling in the background, Shikamaru mumbling to himself, Lee spewing high energy gibberish, and Choji snacking loudly in his mic. Sasuke, Neji and Sai were in here too, but with all the noise going on, he couldn't hear them even if they were talking.

"Oi, shut up in here, damn!" he antagonized, grinning as he became the sole target of the chaos.

Good natured shit talking and insults ensued, two full minutes of nonsense before they got the show on the road, ending with everyone in their grandma yelling at Kiba not run in and get wrecked before they got to the raid boss, pissing off the feral faced man to no end.