Part 1 - The grabber defender💪💪💪

Hi! Now before i start, i wanna clarify that there (obviously) isn't a whole lot out about Alberts character (im calling the grabber albert cuz its shorter and easier to type). His character is ment to be mysterious and not well known abt, especially in the movie. So a lot of things i say are points or things i believe/theorize because there is like nothing about the character besides a couple interviews with Ethan Hawke (the actor who plays Albert) and Scott (the director for the movie) and etc, So please keep this in mind. This also means that there is a possibility what you think of Albert is true as, and that what you think of him isn't as for there is almost nothing confirmed about his character. Either way, the character was made this way for the audience to fill in those gaps, and if you choose to fill them with 'he's a pedo', then that is your choice. I can't stop you, but all im asking is to let me and other people see the character the way we see him.
Another thing, I want to pay attention more to the movies character than the books because they are completely different characters and there's more to the movies Albert then the books. I will use the book to debunk and use for examples and points, but I wanna talk about the movies character more because I more interested in his character better and he is the one who gets shit on more.
I apologize if i misspell anything or if anything sounds confusing or rude, i mention it a couple times but i am autistic and struggle with social cues and tones and etc, especially when typing. So once again, I am very sorry!
And last thing, im not trying to defend Alberts actions. I know he kidnaps and ik he kills, the reason why i am writing this is because I found his character interesting, and i saw that there was so much bullshit going around on tiktok so i wanna try and debunk a lot of that and be like "hey, he's actually not a perv just rlly mentally unstable and fucked" yk? I see this happen to a lot of characters i like and this one pushed me a lil so yeah. Sit back, relax, and lets get started shall we?

(Last thing, if the mention of grape without the g, kidnapping, etc is triggering, please be careful reading this. i cannot stop u obviously but im warning you that there arr mentions of r-pe and p--dophilia and other triggering topics in here. Read with caution)

------------------------------------------------------------------

First to start off, the most common thing I see everywhere.

-"He 🍇ed the kids in the book!"

You can actually read the book on google by looking up "the black phone book free" and there should be a google doc-like thing that pops up (if you cant find it ill send the link in the chat). There is no where in the book that even slightly mentions that Albert did anything sexual with the kids. The other victims aren't even characters in the book, its just bruce yamada.
The only thing that someone had brought up to me was when Albert was kidnapping Finney, he had to grab him by the crotch. Now i can deff see how this seems off at first, but at the same time Finney was fighting back. He most likely had to because it was hard to grab Finney by his arms and legs and face (due to Finney fighting back and kicking and etc), and as someone who constantly wrestles with my brother and boyfriend (like play fight obv), some times to win you have to go in awkward positions to win. besides that one part, no where else in the book is anything sexual mentioned.

-"Why was he watching Finney sleep?"

Because long story short, Albert feels guilty for what he's doing and is mentally unstable (omg shocking 😱). If you read the book, this exact scene happens, and it implies that there's some kind of guilt that he feels with kidnapping Finney or killing the kids. The scene in the movie plays out exactly like the book tells it, so i assume he is feeling the same way the book describes. I genuinely think he hates what he's doing, and he feels like shit but its addicting to him. he can't stop. Which is why you can his eyes appearing to be watering and why his voice is higher pitched. That could also be due to the possible theory of him having some kind of personality/identity disorder, which would explain the part where Finney says that he was the one that killed Bruce and Robin but Albert denies it, saying "that wasn't me, that was someone else". I could definitely see how this could appear as creepy, but it's most likely the character being extremely mentally fucked. I saw an idea someone else had saying he could of been watching finney because he hadn't seen someone/something so peaceful since he was younger which goes into another theory of mine abt Albert having a lot of childhood trauma but i won't bore you with my autistic rants lmao.