Arc 2: Chapter 12

A pinkish bag made a soft thud once it dropped atop the ceiling's container. 

"Ma'am, is that all right?" 

"Yes. Thank you."

"Sorry to trouble you." 

"Ah, no…" The red haired person smiled brightly. "It's the least I can do!" 

Her voice was enthrallingly flowery. Onlookers from the other seats couldn't help but feel warm towards the scene. Afterall, this red haired woman had only been doing nice things since she entered the train. 

An example was about the child who was crying minutes ago after seemingly being deprived of her sweets. The red haired woman simply approached the girl and said something along the lines of, "Too much sweets is bad for your teeth," while patting her head gently.

A few more words was all it took after that, and the child was smiling happily again. She called the woman "Tanjiro-neesan!" so sweetly, too. 

What was strange was that it seemed like she was also acquainted with the men causing a ruckus from the back of this particular train compartment. To compare, her demeanor was so gentle and humble in contrast to theirs. 

—A particular young man glanced up from his newspaper, and looked at the trio with their weird clothings. Aside from the red haired woman, one of them had dandelion blonde hair and the other literally had a boar for a head. 

The blonde one looked like he was suffering while trying to hold back the boar-headed one from breaking the train's windows. 

'What a strange lot.' The man thought blankly. 

He watched, as the woman tried to pacify the two, as other people looked at the woman with blushes tainted on their cheeks, and as the woman suddenly noticed he was staring and smiled at him cheerily. 

With a blush on his cheeks now too, he hurriedly looked down at his newspaper. The man was like that until the three had finally settled their business and walked between the isles, him faintly catching the scent of flowers passing by. 

The man also vaguely heard the blonde's voice uttering "He's a Hashira, right?" before their voices faded away in the distance. 

Left in the solitude of his seat, the man was about to sigh in relief, but then he saw a girl with a red ribbon on her hair making her way towards him. 

He tried to feign ignorance as she sat down next to him and said, "Here they are. The targets."

The girl pointed to the direction where the trio went. 

"The Demon Slayers have arrived."

The man did not respond, but instead just glanced at the bundle of ropes beside his seat. He closed his eyes and sighed. Heavily so. 

"Yeah, finally… We can make our dreams come true."

*****

"Are you sure you'll recognize his face?" Zenitsu asked while dragging the excited Inosuke behind him, pulling on the boar mask tightly. 

"Yeah." Tanjiro replied. "He had this gaudy hairstyle, and I remember his scent, too."

Inosuke suddenly made noises behind them, and Zenitsu had to drag him fast before he caused anything. While he was doing that, Tanjiro spoke again,

"I think I'll know it's him once we get close."

Her hands made their way to open the door. 

Literally after a few milliseconds of doing so-