Chapter 4: Fooling A Heart Of Hollow Hope

There's something magical about tidal waves. Throw a stone in and the tides rapidly wax and wane. Then it settles and that's probably how her life has been. "Go away."

"I've been there before. It's not pretty and it is definitely not fun."

"Get lost."

"Gladly. Although I can't exactly leave a homicidal hot mess unattended now can I?" Santosh questioned calmly, observing the woman before her.

"Oh, how noble of you. Maybe this is why the public is ready to bend over backwards for the station at every back and call." Binni Chaudhary remarked, sarcasm quoting her words. "What should I do to repay this debt you bestowed upon me?"

"For starters, you could get off that edge," the constable said as if she wasn't freaking out on the inside. She took a cautious step before deciding to stop and forgoing the risk of further pushing Binni's limits. "Then maybe we can talk about lunch."

"You really are an airhead." Binni quipped a little in disbelief. She had just come up here for some fresh air and quiet time. Apparently, the cyber expert had found her way here too and assumed she was suicidal. Before the situation could escalate, the vigilante cautiously scooted away from the edge.

"Well there's something we have in common." the constable retorted.

"You are entitled to your incorrect opinion," Binni groaned. "Why are you even here?"

"Call from a resident living in the opposite bundling. She said someone was about to jump. I take it that she misunderstood your intentions." Santosh pulled out her walkie-talkie and turned around. She spoke in hushed tones into the walkie-talkie, reporting that the situation was diffused and dealt with.

"No shit Sherlock."

"Geeze, you are grouchy."

"So I've been told many times before."

Santosh sat beside the woman clad in black and red, making sure to keep a safe distance in case she chose to react violently. "Self-awareness is admirable."

"You are not," as Binni turned her head to give Santosh a warning to leave, she found said girl sitting beside her and it didn't seem like she planned on leaving anytime soon. "What do you think you are doing?"

"I thought you were smarter than that. I am sitting down." Santosh smirked seeing the other woman's annoyed gritting of teeth.

"You know when I woke up this morning, the first face I saw was Saira Tai. Normally, I wouldn't be thrilled about it but my day usually goes well after that. Which begs the question, which black cat crossed my path today that I have to sit here and have this stroke-inducing conversation with you of all people."

"I thought the west side of town had a ban on cats. How could you have come across them?"

"If you don't stop talking in the next two seconds, I will push you down from this ledge myself."

The constable mimicked zipping her lips and throwing the key away. In all honesty, she wasn't sure why she was sitting here in the first place. The report turned out to be a mere misinterpretation, the situation was diffused and everything was the way it should be. She should be heading back to the station and spending all her remaining time with the Mahila Police Station- her found family. Instead, she spared a timid glace at Binni and she knew instantly why she had chosen to sit here.

She knows what it feels like to be in her shoes. She knows there is no escape except one- heaven- when the demons start taking over, screaming words of despair and pushing in an almost tangible manner. The magnitude of which, sometimes floats over her head when they become overpoweringly loud.